Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:22 pm

Post subject: Seems like everyone is in a hurry to build a Psn necro
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:45 am 

Kinda cool because Lower Resist is being seen around a little more often, kinda lame because hordes of the same character are always boring.

For those who *are* making a psn dagger necro though, you might as well understand the deal with curses. Your psn dmg is determined at the moment of impact and will remain throughout the duration of the poison. In other words, you need to have LR on the monster at the moment of impact only. After you have psn'd them, you can switch over to decrep (for safety) or amp (to benefit your Iron Golem or physical party members).

Here is a video of this: http://blue.arimyth.com/PoisonStrike-Technique1.avi

For those who have been lured in by the whopping damage, how is the build meeting your expectations?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Seems like everyone is in a hurry to build a Psn necro
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:40 am 

Gave up at level 8, I found nova sorcs more fun.
Probably cuz I don't like to wait for things to die.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:58 am 
Game Server Host

The poison nec is ok, its not as effective as a pure summoner vs trash but slightly more effective against bosses.
teleport + amp + golems + my act 1 merc outkills poison nova by a loooooong way but at least you have something to do against bosses instead of just amp and spam blades/golem.

Without skillers and facets they hit 200k strike and 30k psn nova. 1 attack from an a1 merc will generaly do more than 1 second of the posion nova damage and they attack more than once a second. Theres not much point in ripping through your mana to use nova when you can just amp and the merc will kill. The high damage of strike is offset by the scaryness of having to get close to the bosses to land the poison strike.

Overall a fun build, not heavily item dependant and easily equipable even as a first build.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:51 pm 

Well it seems like the nekromancer is the #1 most played character and that assassin is the least on softcore, and this tendency seems to going up with the years. It's a kinda strange idea but I wonder if there could be some reasons for this... who knows ? Anyway it's certainly cool for the nekro's fans and assa's haters, who would have probably buffed/nerfed them if they ever could have been able to do it... ^^

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:07 pm 
Game Server Host

Yeh the sin again seems to be one of the less played classes even with the buff kicks got. The MA sins always needed the most attention to be played well since there is no self life buff. The paladin has the same problem but they are extremely party friendly with the big choice of party auras. If supported well MA sins are extremely powerfull though and can make a big impact. For soloing/duoing they are lacking though, I think thats why they are so few and far between (late game at least)

I take it you made a phoenixsin this patch, it'd be great if we could get a discussion going on them and share builds, equip choices, and pro's and cons of the builds. I`ll start a topic in the S & T forum about it. Would be good if you would share your own experiences of the builds, since I gather it is one of your fave classes.

Offline Profile