Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:43 am

Post subject: Nihlathak Strats?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:42 pm 

First off thanks for taking the time to read this and comment if you choose to.

Im working my way through Norm in the single player version. I'm currently level 57 and trying to take down Nihlathak. I'm using a standard Zeal Pally build (Shield/Zeal/Fant) with a cold act 1 merc. My gear is good but nothing fantastic based on my choices.

Is it best to try and stack as much resist as possible? Looks like i should atleast stack lightning. Also is there anyway i can split his shadows from him or is it hardcoded that they will on stray so far.

Up until this point I haven't had much trouble with any bosses.

Thanks all.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Nihlathak Strats?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:58 pm 
Game Server Host

its hard to seperate him from his shadows as he teles around and usualy ends up amongst them again. get a form of amp damage either from a chance to cast weapon or a wand with charges of level 1 amp (buy from act 1). you could also make lawbringer in a flail to decrep him that is a much safer way to take him down. if you have some crushing blow you may want to use 1 point smite for the first 1/3 to 1/2 of the fight, since it always hits and is single target you will land more hits and deal more crushing blows. He is one of the more annoying bosses to kill alone with his teleport and corpse explosion etc.
getting some Dr% from skulls in a shield or knights vigil runeword if you have been lucky with rune drops, string of ears is great for leech and dr% and blood craft gloves will give you some leech and crushing blow. Good luck, I'd love to hear how it goes.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:50 pm 

Thanks for the help Rage.

I actually just took him down. I mainly just stacked Lightning/Fire resist so i was still maxed after LR and Conviction, then i had the string of ears and a triple Pskull Holy Cross for some nice DR.

Loving HU. I wish my internet wasn't lagging so i could play online.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:38 pm 
Game Server Host

is it a problem with your ISP? I know i used to be able to play even with dial up years back, though it was a little laggy. Depending on location the servers here may be playable for you.

good job on nihla, the same sort of setup will be perfect to use against baal himself, a little fire absorb, dr% and a phys res lowering curse (amp/decrep) will make it pretty easy. good luck with it in the meantime.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:56 pm 

I'm not sure why its so laggy. My roomates and I don't normally have any sort of problems either on PC gaming or Xbox Live.

When i tried there was almost a full second delay between my actions and there resolutions (Shoot arrow--> Hit enemy--> Wait 1 second--> Dmg registers)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:41 am 
Game Server Host

it may have been the server you were on, some are worse than others depending on your location. It may have been under alot of stress while you tried too. Perhaps give it another go sometime.

Offline Profile