Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:39 am

Post subject: Going to duo with a friend, any suggestions on classes?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:35 pm 

I was thinking either a werewolf of werebear, and I believe my friend wanted to play a zealot. How do you think this will work out? We're just starting and don't plan on trading(except with each other).

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Going to duo with a friend, any suggestions on classes?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:34 pm 

It can work, just shop for lots of amp charge wands and get atleast 1 elemental merc. GL.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:49 pm 

Mrawskrad wrote:
It can work, just shop for lots of amp charge wands and get atleast 1 elemental merc. GL.

yeah we already got the wand luckily. I made the zealot though and he's a werwewolf. We're doing pretty well, about half way done with A2 on normal and I just hit 28.

This version is amazing, so much more fun than regular d2.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:16 pm 

I dont wanna spoiler your game, but since you are both physical based chars, some immune physical bosses or superuniques will be a pain in your asses with no act3 merc.

I would choose a better-balanced team ( 4.e: melee + ranged, tank + caster, etc... )

Mery Xmas♥

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:51 pm 

Well yeah, we'll get act 3 mers once we get to act 3. We're both level 31 and the summoner is kicking our ass. My friend has 73 fire resist and 75 cold, and I have 75 fire and 55ish cold and he's still trucking us. We barely got him down by 15%, with an amp damage charge on him.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:33 pm 

Well, we beat him rather easily after a lot of amp damage. Now we're on Meph, and he's a toughy. We didn't kill one of the council members, the one that gives iron maiden and was PI. too much trouble >_>

Anyway, We both have max cold/lightning/poison resist for the fight, and I swear the second he put his hurricane up I dropped. Any suggestions?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:35 am 

MDR and DR, fixed numbers. Aka diamonds in armor/helm and such. That makes a huge difference in normal. Full sigons with flawless/perf diamonds will help you alot. Other than that, amp, lifeleech and some cb if you can get your hands on it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:34 am 

Utter wrote:
MDR and DR, fixed numbers. Aka diamonds in armor/helm and such. That makes a huge difference in normal. Full sigons with flawless/perf diamonds will help you alot. Other than that, amp, lifeleech and some cb if you can get your hands on it.

Do high amp charges last longer? Because I find myself having to recast it every 10 seconds or so. And yeah, cb, MDR, DR? (Magic) Damage reduction I'm assuming, and cb? Sorry, I haven't played for a while and my terminology is a bit slow.

edit: one thing that concerns me is keeping resists up. most of my gear is unique so adding sockets is going to be difficult, I guess I need to go gamble for a bit. Is it okay to completely gimp my damage in order to just stack resists/damage reduction?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:06 am 

MDR/PDR can be found on diamonds and were pretty well buffed in norm this last patch.

I wrote up some detail on it in the battling diablo article: http://blue.arimyth.com/Diablo.html that you can find in the bosses section of that page. It would most certainly help you out in your Meph battle too though.

Another source of amp is rare weapons. If you can put a rare wpn with ctc lvl5 amp on switch, you can dump a bunch of amethysts in tehre to speed it up and use that as a way to amp the boss. Less reliable than an amp wand, but also effective.

Offline Profile