Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:06 pm

Post subject: Best weapon for a3 cold merc?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:00 am 

So I just got my first Lo rune (hurray!) and want to know if Wonder is good for an a3 merc simply for the damage and pierce. I also want to know if the stats are correct on hudb, and if there's any other runewords that may not be correct I could get a heads-up on.

Also does it matter what your a3 merc's damage actually says? Is his blizzard somehow upped by weapon damage and not just +skills/dmg/pierce? I know his tooltip says it goes up but it could be lies.

Also bonus question, how do 0skills work on HU? I know they're capped to +3 or something for classes with the skill on live, but if an a3 merc used the full elemental set, would he gain +20 glacial spike? 'cuz that sounds really OPd.

Thanks for any help :D

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Best weapon for a3 cold merc?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:23 pm 

you now no how to view text files. Look up the runeword of interest in the appropriate file if you are worried that there is mistake on the database...there should be very few booboos left. Corrections have been made when found.

No, the damage is swinging damage

Nothing has changed with Oskills

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:06 pm 

Ok thanks, any input on some of the best a3 cold merc weapons? Or overall build to max skills/dmg/pierce while still having 140 fcr ?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:53 pm 

Best? "Time" in a +3 Blizzard and +3 Glacial Spike staff.
Cheapest? Crystal Sword with sapphires.
Infinitely better than "Wonder"? Ondal's Wisdom, Wizard Spike, Frostwind, Crystal Sword with sapphires.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:36 pm 

The sorceress skills from staves work for the a3 merc? I thought they had to be 0skills they had or just +all skills.

I would really love a Frostwind - that seems badass. I guess I'll just gem a crystal sword for now until I can find one of those.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:04 am 

Specific +skills, such as +3 Glacial Spike (Sorceress only) or +3 Immolation Arrow (Amazon Only) apply to a mercenary's skills as well.

I've heard it mentioned more than a few times than Oskills on mercenaries don't share the same +3 cap that player characters do. I can't completely confirm or deny this though.
Maybe someone else can?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:10 pm 

Class skills DO NOT effect mercs I wish you guys would get this out of your heads that they do... They only benifit from Oskills and plus to all skills... I have tested this over and over.. Remmber the only merc that gains from class items is a a5 merc because they are barbs..A1 mercs are not zons..A3 mercs are not sorc's or necro's.. And before you tell me that i'm wrong do some real testing and you will see that they only gain from what I said...

And yes the a3 cold merc will gain the 20 G spike from the ele set because its Oskill..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:18 am 

I can confirm Asteroth's findings, except that in my tests oSkills were limited to +3 even for mercs (presumeably only if the merc has that skill already).

For my test, I modified Prayer to give +2MaxHP per level, then gave a prayer merc an item with +10Prayer. With his aura active, I gained +6HP when he wore that item.

Offline Profile