Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:46 pm

Post subject: summoner necros
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:25 pm 

hey all, i am a huge fan of necromancers, but it seems the 20 summon skele/20 skele arhcer, 20 skele mastery and 20 death knight is weak, just simply cause a boss will rape the minons, i assume because of no resist?.. just wondering if i was missing something to maybe help the summons out?

or maybe summon necros are garbs lol

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: summoner necros
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:14 pm 

bosses do like 10x damage to summons and mercs. If summons took regular damage from bosses a summon necro could afk on bosses like dury and andy.

bo and oak are the only things that will help your summons out vs bosses, but even so, skells dont do you any good cuz they will die and you will run out of corpses. Blades are always better for bosses

summon necros are not garbage... trying not to sound insulting here, but if you're struggling on a summon nec you have only yourself to blame

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:10 pm 

the summons obv get owned at bosses no matter what lvl, and no matter what buffs you give them so their only use is curses and maybe tele with merc.

I find them only useful at places like ancients where you need mass tanking.. even then id rather use a summoner druid.

If a char is not useful at bosses, in my opinion hes useless because any build can own trash.. just get a decent a3 merc and he will own trash

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:43 pm 

Sad I have to agree...Thing I hate the most with summon necros is all those summons cause some crazy lag at times despite there a lazy build lmao.. 8-)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:15 pm 

I have not tried them this beta, but at least they could easily take out sub bosses with decent equipment (nothing mind boggling) through NM, and even early to mid hell. I never farm enough to get them totally fleshed out. Hell magi lived longer than skeles last patch on a lot of bosses. No idea how skele archers are doing, but I assume not as well due to the PDR issues.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:29 pm 

Curses and blades on act bosses are useless? Clearing Los tps And soloing azmo and belial also useless. Soloing hell ancs is pretty cool too I guess

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:53 pm 

I know what you mean Slappy, but on any char id rather focus on skills that are useful at tough boss fights (long fights where you skellies die) like for example getting max decrep AND lr, or going bone skill (bone prison is pretty awesome for certain bosses, havent tried in hell but so far so good).

For trash all you need is a merc and CE.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:04 pm 

MaMaLuLu wrote:
the summons obv get owned at bosses no matter what lvl, and no matter what buffs you give them so their only use is curses and maybe tele with merc.

Pure summoners are capable of killing the large majority of sub-bosses by themselves.
Curses are the second most important party skill in the game and blades are capable of tanking a ton of bosses. They're also a class that can solo EVERY trash area with complete safety.
If anything, Necro Summoners are one of the most versatile builds in the game and is useful for a party in practically every situation. We have one in our group just about every ladder and for good reason, they're still one of the best builds in the game.

MaMaLuLu wrote:
If a char is not useful at bosses, in my opinion hes useless because any build can own trash.. just get a decent a3 merc and he will own trash

There is no comparison between a boss killing build with an A3 mercenary and a build actually good at killing trash. Any build in HU can handle and kill trash, but the difference in killing speed compared to a real build is huge. Take a look at a FB/Meteor Sorc or a Blizzard Sorc. Both of these builds are completely capable of killing trash and are solid boss killing builds. They don't hold a candle to something like a Lightning Fury Amazon, SF Sorceress, or Fire Trapper when clearing areas.
Something like a Rabies Druid with a fully geared A3 mercenary isn't even on the same scale in terms of killing speed.

I'm sorry to be so critical of your post, but I assume people still occasionally use these forums as a reference for information. I don't want people coming in and thinking Summon Necromancers are terrible and Act 3 Mercenaries are the end-all trash killer.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:22 pm 

thank you for driving that nail in for me zac

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:11 pm 

Solo Its fine to have 20 plus summons.... My point is when this summon necro is in a party how many summons do you need in a 5 or 6 man party ... All they do is cause lag and arggo everything around them then most of the time die.... I would rather play with a necro that only has golems and Dk anyday plus you can recast golems and blades.. 8-)

Offline Profile