Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:27 am

Post subject: Blizzard sorceress
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:18 am 

The remaining points... I guess max TK and rest in ES?

And then for strength, which parts should I assume for +str endgame except Anni? And possibly rare/crafted amulet or mara's

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Blizzard sorceress
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:25 am 

I normally max blizz/syns/mastery then dump rest into frozen armor. For str check ou hudb for items so you know what you have to work with and dump into vit as much as you can blizzard causes aot of counters but its a beast of a spell. Definately a spelll that doesn't need max pierce to perform well so you can use rubies to increase your life even more but don't be suprised if counters rape you. You should be able to get enough mana without too much invested into energy. Charms and gems are your best friend.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:30 pm 

I think Jay used Dias and Rubies for his Blizz in sockets. It killed fine with just Fathom Pierce.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:12 pm 

I like putting the rest into ice bolt synergies. You can get around a 50k+ bolt endgame, a nice little extra oompfh for ya in between blizzards. I'd only go TK if you're planning on investing heavily into energy. FA is pretty sweet but you're already gonna be hitting a level 30+ from skills alone. Unless you're rolling heavy with melee characters I don't see why such a ranged sorceress needs extra defense.

As far as sockets go I wouldn't really recommend rubies on a 3 vita character. Diamonds maybe, but I'm not a big fan of them in hell. Personally on HC I go with 50% block(1-2 slots to emeralds, one amethyst in shield), and rest into pierce. I see no reason why you'd need any safety mods at all though if you play with a party.

For strength I go around 30 base. I use maras because crafting a decent +3 ammy is a nightmare, and I usually make use of the dex/high res. So around 15 maras, 20 boots(caster craft), 10 ring(I use one blood/one wisp on HC), 10 anni, and one amethyst in sockets(20). Obviously it's subject to tweaking depending on how your crafts go but that should give you an outline.

Jay(unless you're referring to a different one?) doesn't have a blizzard sorc that I know of(he plays TK/ES), but Naz(lusted) rocks an impressive one that is all out pierce/glass cannon. Something silly like 60k blizzard and 130 pierce.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:26 pm 

JayKayRox so not the one you're thinking of. Jay is also the dumbest ranged character ever so he needed the defense and life.

Offline Profile