Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:50 pm

Post subject: Dragon flight bug???
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:51 pm 

Dragon flight skill seem to not getting bonuses from tiger strike.
Damage is simply same as simple tiger strike charge up damage.

Is it a normal behavior? As skill description says it should add charged up bonuses to the attack. if so there is no need to put any point to this skill as it is useless :evil:

Please advice!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Dragon flight bug???
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:13 pm 

"add charged up bonuses to attack" is the generic description for finisher moves. It just means that your charges will go away and their effects applied to the damage of the finisher move.

I agree that it's odd how the +MagicDmg of DFlight doesn't behave the same as the +FireDmg of DTail, but it's hard to say which is bugged. The damage on DTail is awfully overpowered in normal/NM, but considering the build-up effort of that damage, no one complains, especially considering that it's affected by both phys resistance and fire resistance.

DFlight is worth a point though, since it's handy to have teleport without resorting to a gear swap. Missing out on 1 skill point that could be somewhere else won't hurt you, although you might feel annoyed with a skill spread of 20/20/20/19.

I'd support making DFlight's +MagicDmg more like DTail's, even though it means you'd be stopped by phys immunes. This may not be possible though, since it's an effect of the order in which the skill's damage is applied, and that's surely hard-coded.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:27 pm 

Brevan wrote:
I agree that it's odd how the +MagicDmg of DFlight doesn't behave the same as the +FireDmg of DTail, but it's hard to say which is bugged. The damage on DTail is awfully overpowered in normal/NM, but considering the build-up effort of that damage, no one complains, especially considering that it's affected by both phys resistance and fire resistance.

That really sucks because I considered having this skill to be used against phys and fire immunes :(. Now I have my build broken as I put too many points to this skill :(. I should perhaps start building it from the very beginning :((.

If things worked same as for DTail assassin would be a good char for killing almost all kinds of bosses and monsters...

That is shity! :evil:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:09 pm 
Game Server Host

perhaps its a display bug, I had noticed the display not changing before but im pretty sure the damage is indeed multiplied. I have a wwsin in a3 norm atm who has 1 point dtail/ts and 1 in dflight to get me through the early stages of the game. If im not charged and I dflight onto a swamp creature he will take damage but not alot. If i am fully charged and i dflight one they usualy pop in 1. easiest way is to just try it out and check for yourself The council would be a good place to test as the big life bar will make it easier to see

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:43 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
perhaps its a display bug, I had noticed the display not changing before but im pretty sure the damage is indeed multiplied. I have a wwsin in a3 norm atm who has 1 point dtail/ts and 1 in dflight to get me through the early stages of the game. If im not charged and I dflight onto a swamp creature he will take damage but not alot. If i am fully charged and i dflight one they usualy pop in 1. easiest way is to just try it out and check for yourself The council would be a good place to test as the big life bar will make it easier to see

It's not a display bug :)
Example:
Simple attack damage: 457-974
TS not charged and DFlight as attack (1120 percent): 782-1212
TS fully charged and simple attack (3900 percent): 2914-6044
TS fully charged and DFlight as attack (TS: 3900 DFlight: 1120 percent): 3122-4761
TS fully charged and DTail as attack (TS: 3900 DTail: 1080 percent): 29k-45k

As you can see damage is not multuplied...
Dunno what to say. Perhaps this skill works this way. :|

Perhaps magic damage is not shown in user info view? :|

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:06 pm 
Game Server Host

aaaah. no dtail is so high because it is multiplying your phys kick damage first and then applying % fire damage based on the damage dealt to the target through your initial phys kick. since dflight is not applied through a phys kick (it turns your kick into magical damage) it is simply adding the 2 seperate % together and multiplying your Boots damage. The damage can get pretty decent with good boots.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:15 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
aaaah. no dtail is so high because it is multiplying your phys kick damage first and then applying % fire damage based on the damage dealt to the target through your initial phys kick. since dflight is not applied through a phys kick (it turns your kick into magical damage) it is simply adding the 2 seperate % together and multiplying your Boots damage. The damage can get pretty decent with good boots.

Hmm...
Ic. This explains much. Anyway my assassin seems to be wrongly built As I put almost 10 points to DFlight.
One of new builds I am going to do is DTail + TStrike and max both of Shadow Master and Warrior :). Next update is going to make them work together :)).

Offline Profile