Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:14 pm

Post subject: barb builds
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:40 pm 

So I've been thinking about the new patch and been very excited about making a barb, but I'm having trouble choosing build, also its fun do discuss builds so...

This is what I have in mind:
max bo and inc sta
max one mastery
then one pointing double throw and use knives for trash(I think its the best you got as a barb if you dont want ww, might even be better then ww not sure)
Then I want to go one of these:
max frenzy+conc
max frenzy+berserk
or max conc+berserk

I'm thinking frenzy+berserk can be a pretty awesome build. Put up frenzy for the dr and then switch to berserk and beat the shit out of the boss.
Or the more tanky build frenzy+conc the same but I'm decently sure conc doesnt do as much damage as berserk. Also if the boss is particularly hard you can frenzy up and switch to conc with a one hander+shield.
Conc+berserk is probably the more damage build if you dont want to hang out in frenzy all day which is probably the best dps wise of these builds...

Not really interested in ww or singer.
What do you guys is good for bosses as a barb? (thinking mostly damage wise)

Also anyone got any tip for which mastery you should go for if you're considering going frenzy?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: barb builds
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:17 pm 

tbh I have had better luck with conc/berserk but it fits my playstyle. I would rather take longer to kill the boss and be safe with having great def and block. frenzy is just a different gear setup b/c you will get hit alot so even with dr% counters will hurt more without a shield and absorbs. But frenzy might also work better with the changes of being able to damage bosses you will be able to leech more. A nice option endgame with no nec present is Last wish for a nice damage boost and the benefits of fade with conc/berserk.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:26 pm 

yeah I play only hc so survival is always what I go for first so conc+berserk sounds awesome for that.

Do you switch between conc/berserk on bosses or just stay on one of them the entire fight?
Also does the berserk synergy to conc just convert 20% of the physical damage to magic or does it add another 20% damage which is magic damage. Because if it converts the damage and you dont have that much magic pierce you essentially lose 20% of your damage using conc and max berserk....

Also, which mastery would you recommend if I were to go conc/berserk with a one hander+shield? I always have difficulty choosing one.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:14 pm 

it just converts 20% of your damage to magic, but berserk is a great alternative when you are im'd.1 pt berserk isn't worth it either because defense penalty on it hurts untill its maxed. I usually go with sword mastery b/c grandfather is much better than the available axes. also eth gf is sexy! get 1k+ damage on it 1 handed, definitely worth a zod

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:21 am 

not that I think that I'll find a gf nor a zod but sounds decent enough. Its probably good enough while levling too

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:50 am 

What's the most viable "tanking" build end game? I've recently joined a group so I'm trying to coordinate the most useful build to them, the bulk of the group are casters...

Is it Frenzy + Synergies for the damage/life leech + damage reduction or Concentration with a shield + Berserk for those pesky physical immune? Also on the Concentration skill description is says it gives physical resistance? Does that only start to happen at a certain skill level because I am not seeing it right now.

Basically, it just comes down to, which of those two builds is going to see me be more useful?

If it is Concentration with a shield what does the build look like?

Stamina and Battle Orders obviously, but after that..? Is 20 Shout necessary? 20 Iron Skin and 20 Natural Resistances for the reductions or 20 Berserk + 20 Concentration for the damage?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:57 pm 

for tanking most people use conc because of the def bonus

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:31 pm 

It's going well so far but I have a couple more questions.

The first is which is more useful to max, Shout or Stun? Would Concentration really need the bonus to defense? Or is the 10% damage bonus for Concentration more useful? Not sure on the numbers here.

The other question is Dexterity. How much am I looking to put into that for end game? Or do I put nothing in it and just gem myself up to 75% block losing on the extra resists and absorbs I could get?

Offline Profile