Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:21 pm

Post subject: Problems surviving / Doing anything useful.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:27 pm 

Hi guys :P So im new to the mod (I playd d2/lod when i was younger but bloodraven norm poses more threat then hell baal did then.)

Ive made a couple characters so far and im getting pummeled. I barely do any damage etc and im wondering what it is. :|

So i have a 51 ama. Going multishot / strafe and a 37 Pally going zeal / fanaticism

I die in a few hits at best, get one/two shot by bosses and seems as if im tickling them with a feather.

Is it a gear problem or the build? My gear isnt good tbh the damage they both do is (ama: 400-1k ish. Pally: 200-600ish) and the armor values both around 1k, probably bout an average of 50 res each. I learned to use diamonds on the pally :P

Its seriously annoying, i spent about 3 hours yesterday running behind a druid / assa who could kill everything and tank it at the same level. I know the assa isnt well geared as its my mate but it can tank easily and hits 10-15k on its charge up attack -_-

Please help me :D

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Problems surviving / Doing anything useful.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:38 pm 

Capped wrote:
Hi guys :P So im new to the mod (I playd d2/lod when i was younger but bloodraven norm poses more threat then hell baal did then.)

Ive made a couple characters so far and im getting pummeled. I barely do any damage etc and im wondering what it is. :|

So i have a 51 ama. Going multishot / strafe and a 37 Pally going zeal / fanaticism

I die in a few hits at best, get one/two shot by bosses and seems as if im tickling them with a feather.

Is it a gear problem or the build? My gear isnt good tbh the damage they both do is (ama: 400-1k ish. Pally: 200-600ish) and the armor values both around 1k, probably bout an average of 50 res each. I learned to use diamonds on the pally :P

Its seriously annoying, i spent about 3 hours yesterday running behind a druid / assa who could kill everything and tank it at the same level. I know the assa isnt well geared as its my mate but it can tank easily and hits 10-15k on its charge up attack -_-

you can put civerbs on a zealer and have him doing 900 damage at level 19, and my zealer soloed act 2 and 3 taking 0 damge from mobs due to DR/MDR so its most certainly a gear problem.
Dont expect to do boss damage or tank with the bowzon, shes amazing for trash tho, probably gear problem too. Ill be online in a few hours and will be gladly to help you with gearing.

in-game account is vorkas.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:40 pm 

It's hard to say what the problem is without knowing exactly how you're geared. First of all, you're not going to deal lots of damage if you want to be a tank. Your amazon will be great for clearing trash, will die easy, and won't be great for boss fights unless you have a strong decoy/valk.

The opposite can be said for your zealer. He will be lame against trash (though he will be able to get life leach and tank a bit), but without nice bo and oak you have to have really good gear to be able to tank bosses. Zeal is pretty lame vs bosses though since you can't stop the sequence once it starts, and if you miss the first hit you will miss all 5 (unless they fixed that, don't think so).

Also, what kind of party are you playing with? This mod is not meant to be played solo, ESPECIALLY if you're new :P

EDIT: sniped

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:46 pm 

My gear is trash yeah.. :P

My party atm at least usually consists of me and the assa, sometimes the druid or another assa / necro which are alts.

After that its usually just anyone who joins the games :P

How would i even get geared in the first place then, i cant solo anything, we can barely even kill the bosses as it is. (It involves alot of messing about and bringing in the higher level assa / necro.)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:46 pm 

My party atm at least usually consists of me and the assa, sometimes the druid or another assa / necro which are alts.

How would i even get geared in the first place then, i cant solo anything, we can barely even kill the bosses as it is. (It involves alot of messing about and bringing in the higher level assa / necro.)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:53 pm 

Getting started can be rough. Iron-manning it through the ladder reset is fun as hell! You gotta kill Rakanichu and shit a few times, etc. Also, learning the bosses and how to fight them is essential. Brute force and holding right click on bosses will not get the job done like it did on b.net :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:38 pm 

Capped wrote:

Welcome!

Also, be aware that melee is currently in a very bad state in this game. So i would suggest you make some caster builds first :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:51 pm 
Game Server Host

Capped wrote:

Check the HU Database for items you may need, then go post in the trading section. Most low stuff you will get for free to get you started.

Offline Profile