Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:11 am

Post subject: Help! i Can't Decide!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:46 am 

Ok, so i have always loved being that dude with 50 mobs around him but smashin face, therefor, i obviously have a huge soft spot for melee characters. However, people have discouraged me relentlessly about said characters.

I started this game (after a 1-2 patch hiatus, played bear mauler AND LOVED IT FYI, in my last play through) with the idea that i'd make a dragon claws/venom tank sin. Since starting i've noticed the poor amount of damage i do to bosses in comparison to my bear mauler days. People have told me constantly that melee is essentially useless now and i would regret it. So, i have a trapper that ive dragged along with my dragon claw, as well as a poison zon ive messed around on.

Now that i'm in nightmare its becoming a little tedious to drag 2 characters along and im ready to make my decision as to which i will stick with into hell for my first play through.

I LOVE melee characters, but if i can make a psn jav, or a trapper and be MORE useful on bosses (and clearly trash) then why bother wasting my time?.

Looking for an experienced opinion, and be honest. I like this end game regardless of my role it wont kill me to not play melee.

thank you :)

edit: Id prefer to psn zon over trap sin as i hate depending on ai, pisses me off when all 50 of my bolts hit the 1 zombie as opposed to the 12894182491 stacked op top of each other with the unique as well, ahaha.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Help! i Can't Decide!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:18 am 

The answer is in which char is more fun to play. Psn zons are boring and over done, everyone and their uncle has one. Trappers are much better vs trash than the psn zon or dclaw will be. I have a trapper in act3 nm atm and she's not bad vs most no immune trash. Only reason not moved up is have 5 chars in act5 hell atm. I play her when bored.

Yes, melee has a tough time vs act bosses, but not as bad if a necro will actually use amp over lr. The ones who know how to play necros will use lr when psn applied switch to and and so on.

The real question is primary purpose of the char. If using to mf you'll be happier with a trasher.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:45 pm 

How are frostbite druids now?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:32 am 

Do a WW barb, I'll run one with you.

Offline Profile