Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:26 am

Post subject: Throw Barb and Throwing Weapons
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:57 pm 

I just started playing again on single player and noticed that the replenish rate of javs are quite nice... I was wondering if this replenish rate is also on all the throwing weapons (including the uniques). Because on the info site it still says replenishes 1 every 25 seconds on most throwing weapons...

If this is not the case and the replenish is very quick now for everything, it seems to make throw barbs quite viable. I haven't played one but always wanted to, any tips?

Even with the replenish at.. (like 1 per 2 seconds?) and with a 3.5 fpa it seems you will still deplete your stack very quick, but if you had a few sets of them you can use them while the others are replenishing quickly.

What are your guys thoughts?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Throw Barb and Throwing Weapons
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:50 am 

Yes, replenish rates are on all weps. It's still possible to run out, though. Be very careful with your runewords, as when you you throw out runeword throw weps they disappear FOREVERRRR.

The display dmg on dbl throw is messed up, you will only be doing about 1/3 or 1/2 the display dmg depending on your deadly strike and what not.

Throwers are a bit tedious to build, but can be pretty strong. Just be careful not to kill your team with counters :). I have a HC thrower in a5 hell, feel free to shoot any questions at me if you have some

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:10 am 

slappyNuts wrote:
Yes, replenish rates are on all weps. It's still possible to run out, though. Be very careful with your runewords, as when you you throw out runeword throw weps they disappear FOREVERRRR.

The display dmg on dbl throw is messed up, you will only be doing about 1/3 or 1/2 the display dmg depending on your deadly strike and what not.

Throwers are a bit tedious to build, but can be pretty strong. Just be careful not to kill your team with counters :). I have a HC thrower in a5 hell, feel free to shoot any questions at me if you have some

Thanks for the reply. I will be playing SP though, so don't have to worry about killing my team with counters :P

That being said, you think it's wise to build one on SP? Will it be too tedious to get him good equip and whatnot untwinked? Also, how are throw barbs against trash? I see on ice for example has 50% frost nova on striking, that would be awesome to proc and clear trash quite will I would imagine.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:29 am 

why SP? you should come play realm with us ^_^

I've thought a lot about building a ctc thrower since he attacks so fast, could be good, never done it though. Throwers are pretty lame for trash unless you have a venom prebuff set up, then you can just frenzy all trash to death and just throw on the big guys. An a3 merc was my trash clearer last ladder, this ladder I got a barb merc so trash is slow going.

I'm not too familiar with the SP version of HU so I don't know how viable it would be. If you're going to build him for DPS, get an a5 merc and pray he can tank bosses for you (not likely), or build yourself as a tank and stack an a3 merc with auras to boost your dmg (beast sword, holy craft shield). You can 'kite' bosses (run back, throw, run back, throw) but it's a tedious process (though do-able). Throwers aren't the best DPS, or the best tank, but they are a good medium of both.

Untwinked it will be a bit difficult, but do-able. He's great for running leo, so you can gold find til you turn grey and buy adamant glyphs to roll eth rare weapons til they get big dmg, then socket with ED% jewels. Plus you will need to do some safety crafting and need rubies to socket in his helm/chest. A ctc amp will help you immensely as well.

Offline Profile