Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:42 pm

Post subject: A question about a few things
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:40 am 

well i thought i would post it here, considering they are mostly game mechanics and will help in planning future characters for me:

1) does whirlwind proc on striking? i believe not, but i do not have a weapon that my barb can currently wield with a ctc on striking proc.

2) is there a list of prefixes and suffixes for items, jewels, charms for HU? a link would be great if so

3) are fcr, fhr, fbr breakpoints still the same as classic and lod d2? if so, sweet. if not, is there a table or link that shows them specific for this mod? also, ive noticed there might be a little wrinkle or some minor changes to some breakpoints (for example, the barb's block speed is immensely slow without a good source of faster blocking). is there a list of any changes to these breakpoints or things of this nature i should know about?

4) is there any link or table that shows approximate area levels of monsters or bosses? would be a huge help in determining what i can find at different stages of the game.

thanks in advance :D

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: A question about a few things
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:54 am 

1. nope
2. nope
3. fairly similar to classic, barb block is probably the only real exception. i generally rely on classic values
4. yep

http://blue.arimyth.com/ - there is a link for breakpoints and area levels there.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:14 am 

blue_myriddn wrote:
1. nope
2. nope
3. fairly similar to classic, barb block is probably the only real exception. i generally rely on classic values
4. yep

http://blue.arimyth.com/ - there is a link for breakpoints and area levels there.

youre my boy blue!

thanks a lot

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:05 pm 

another thing i forgot to mention:

i want to make a sorc at some point, and im sure i will be running into plenty of immunes in hell. i was wondering:

1) how breakable are some of the trash immunities alone with a merc wearing infinity (level 3 conviction iirc is -35 res)?

2) do these resist pierce debuffs that players have ignore or follow the 1/5th effectiveness rule on immunities?

either a general % of breakable immunities with an infinity or some monster resist stats would be greatly appreciated. if not, any information thatll help is fine, even if its just guesstimating off of experience through hell.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:24 pm 
Game Server Host

yeh i can help on this one. holy auras will break basic trsh immunes up until the end of act 3 hell. For example, a merc with a dream runeword helm for holy shock aura will break the immunities of beetles in a2 hell, but not a unique beetle with "lightning enchanted, mana burn, magic resistant" etc etc. since those raise light res even further. level 3 conviction will break some of those uniques possibly, it will also break the immunities in a4 hell and a5 hell ( any trash monsters, possibly not uniques). in wsk it ont break alot of immunes if any, you will want a team for that anyway.

Holy auras runewords for a merc
"Ice" (cold) - act 1 merc in a bow/xbow or act 2 merc in javlin type weapon.
"Doom" (cold) - act 5 mercs in a zerker axe etc.
"Hand of justice" (fire) act 5 mercs, possibly act 2 but i dont remember off hand wat weapons it can be made in
"Dream" (light) - any merc

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:12 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
yeh i can help on this one. holy auras will break basic trsh immunes up until the end of act 3 hell. For example, a merc with a dream runeword helm for holy shock aura will break the immunities of beetles in a2 hell, but not a unique beetle with "lightning enchanted, mana burn, magic resistant" etc etc. since those raise light res even further. level 3 conviction will break some of those uniques possibly, it will also break the immunities in a4 hell and a5 hell ( any trash monsters, possibly not uniques). in wsk it ont break alot of immunes if any, you will want a team for that anyway.

Holy auras runewords for a merc
"Ice" (cold) - act 1 merc in a bow/xbow or act 2 merc in javlin type weapon.
"Doom" (cold) - act 5 mercs in a zerker axe etc.
"Hand of justice" (fire) act 5 mercs, possibly act 2 but i dont remember off hand wat weapons it can be made in
"Dream" (light) - any merc

thanks rage for the additional info. should suffice for now in making gear decisions and such. if only there was an affix table :(

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:05 pm 

i am running lvl20 conviction on my avenger and pretty much anything with say "Fire Enchanted" wont' be broken by it - so resists are kinda high in this mod. Personally, I think that is a bad call - this mod really is all about physical dmg and elemental dmg really isn't that strong.

Here is some "rough" resist data, it is out of date a bit but it should give you a starting point: http://www.mrfixitonline.com/viewtopic.php?t=3029

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:34 pm 

blue_myriddn wrote:
i am running lvl20 conviction on my avenger and pretty much anything with say "Fire Enchanted" wont' be broken by it - so resists are kinda high in this mod. Personally, I think that is a bad call - this mod really is all about physical dmg and elemental dmg really isn't that strong.

Here is some "rough" resist data, it is out of date a bit but it should give you a starting point: http://www.mrfixitonline.com/viewtopic.php?t=3029

Not to mention the fact that elemental damage means you can't leech. So not only is phys higher, you also get leech and cb and open wounds from it as well.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:00 pm 

thanks guys. im pretty much looking more for trash killers and mfing for easy things in nightmare and hell for the elementals. physical damage characters will be my bread-and-butter builds reaping all the rewards.

seems like a decent amount of normal trash will be able to lose their immunities if they dont have as high of resists as bosses, or even if they have similar resists. i guess this means ill be able to clear a fair amount of stuff on my own with a decent setup.

Offline Profile