Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:44 pm

Post subject: Frost Bite - Valor RW
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:28 am 

Going straight with my question, i know that sword with -30 speed can reach 5 fpa with valor rw in it, refering to arreat sumit it should be phase blade, but refering to topic http://forum.arimyth.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=284 it will be mythical sword.
So i'm a bit confused, can anyone double chcek which one of them will hit 5fpa if it is even possible with valor rw.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Frost Bite - Valor RW
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:40 am 

base blade is actually -15 in this mod. mythical sword is indeed the fastest at -30. I just performed all the speed calculations manually. Valor RW's 50% IAS is simply not enough to hit 5 FPA. You will have a 6 frame attack instead.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:27 pm 

alright... I'm going to define an unusual term I'll be calling speed factor. The amount of it modifies what the final breakpoint is for SS. speed factor = base weapon speed - on weapon IAS

In the case of mythical sword with valor RW that would be -30 -50 = -80.

Below is a breakpoint chart in terms of speed factor for what a werebear would need for speed factor in order to make a 5 frame frostbite. The speed factor on your weapon must be at or below the breakpoint in order to make it.

-79 or lower for bow
-90 or lower for staves/2H axes/mauls/polearms
-112 or lower for 1 hand weapons/ 2 hand swords
-156 or lower for 2 hand spears

Valor RW would have to be in a -30 base speed bow in order to make 5 frame attack unfortunately. The RW just isn't fast enough.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:37 pm 

I made somehow big blonder. I had in mind 6fpa attack, since every other sword can oly get 7-8 fpa. Sorry for confusion

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:10 pm 

Well in the case of swords for 6 frame WB frostbite then it would have to be -74 speed factor or lower (which mythical sword valor RW makes with -80). WW is not able to make 6 frame frostbite with a valor RW (due to -91 speed factor being necessary).

However one note. You will require an extra 4% IAS somewhere besides what the valor RW gives on the mythical sword in order to actually hit that 6 frame breakpoint with WB frostbite. Even more if you want to maintain it through through slow.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:19 pm 

So basicly you say it is not poddible to hit 6fpa with ww frostbite?? Damn thats bad ;/ Either way thx for complex info.

EDIT. Refering to controversial speed calc we meet when i asked for merc speed, it shows ww can hit 6 fpa with frostbite, and wb with added 5% on gear can hit 5fpa. Calculator is wrong?? I was using phase blade since it is -30 there.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:52 pm 

The calculator is using the wrong set of formulas/base anim lengths for SS entirely (while it would be accurate for the most part for everything else and WW since the calculator is at least using close formulas/stored tables for that). If that calcuator was truly accurate it would actually show the possibility of 3, 2, and 1 frame attacks... While you can generally trust that calculator for the most part for anything else it fumbles severely on the accuracy of its SS tables by pretending WIAS and base weapon speeds are the only factor (when it isn't) among other things.

--Double Post--
What I really need to do is create a bunch of potential final breakpoint tables for SS on that database site.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:44 pm 

Something come to my mind, did you took in ur calculations werewolf lvl?? It gives ias also, it might bring the diffrenece between ur calculations and what can be seen at calculators page.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:17 pm 

the WW IAS boost is not on weapon so it's not able to affect the final breakpoint's location. It just simply helps make it easier to reach the final breakpoint at the slower breakpoints.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:46 pm 

but still i'm not heading for final breakpoint but for middle one so it should change something. But i might see it wrong. nvm was just wondering how exacly it works.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:11 pm 

basically due to some wierd quirk of SS on weapon IAS dynamically effect the final breakpoint. The final breakpoint literally changes with the amount of on weapon IAS you have. Depending on your on weapon IAS a given number of frames could be a "slow/medium/fast"/final/impossible breakpoint.

Offline Profile