Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:51 pm

Post subject: Slows target question
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:53 pm 

So I was having a hard time with hell mephy in solo and decided to change my mercs gear up a bit. I put Stonehowl and arachs on her for the % slower and it made a huge difference.

My question is how long does the % slower last only asking for a possible one hit with Horizons Tornado then a switch to Reapers toll for a grand total of almost 85% slower (including merc and decrep) will it work?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Slows target question
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:30 pm 

never measured, but it seems to last a couple minutes (1-3 minute range) which generally gives you some time to switch.

I love slow target and have medusas (25%) and Frostwind (20%) on my merc and it makes a notable difference. When I did Hell meph recently, I grabbed Medusas off my merc and wore it myself just to slow him down a bit for the party. If I did it again, I might even equip the frostwind myself as the loss in psn dmg is probably marginal compared to added safety of having a 45% slowed boss

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Slows target question
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:34 pm 

I've never made any measurements, but in my recollection the slow target %'s from multiple characters doesn't stack. By that, I mean that if your merc has 30% slow, and you have 40% slow, then the target is slowed by 40% (highest % wins). The target can further be slowed by an aura and curse. I mentioned this because the last paragraph from E-Baby looks like he wants to know if his merc's slow % would add to the slow from his character.

I'm going to place my bets on the slow lasting 1 minute. I kinda timed it a couple years ago. The timing was sort of, "huh, guess it wore off, better switch again. Guess it lasts a minute."

My best results with slow was with my Convictor pally using "Ice" javs. Holy Freeze + (MedusaGaze + Wraithflight on switch) + Decrep (from merc). I had A2 IronGolems (annoyed me, so I bothered to really slow them) and Diablo attacking about once every 4 seconds. Lots of fun.

Offline Profile