Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:52 am

Post subject: Need Opinions
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:11 am 

Rolling a eth x bow

Ended up hittin 40 ias 441 ed but the bow also had a whopping 59 max damage so now I'm confused.. should I re-roll or keep? Using it for merc.

I was hoping to hit 511 with just 20 ias or something. 440 is 70% off the max tho which is high as hell but the 59 max damage makes me undecided lol

Would be able to use all phys facets in the bow because with Faith + Champ fist a1 merc will hit max bp.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Need Opinions
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:12 pm 

are you using the eth bow on a character or on a merc? mercs have all their max damage doubled for physical atleast.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:42 pm 

I'm using it on a merc. What do you mean doubled?? How's that work? 60 = 120 on a a1 phys merc? Has it been tested?? Kinda surprising.

My a1 merc L94 is listed as this:
13559 - 26103 damage
632-1248 692% ed on bow
566 Dex

The bow adds 61-84 damage though which is 61 min and 84 max if you say it's doubled then its 122-168 dmg

One of my friends 101 HC nec Tosh is listed as this:

101 Merc a1

14528 - 26787 damage
614-1184 on bow
700% ed
Only 19 min and 8 max though on bow
Dex 630

His dex is 64 higher than mine which is a huge amount of ED% so I'm wondering maybe what your saying is accurate considering my bow is only 55-60 max damage higher than his but then again his damage is 700 higher not sure how much ed that 64 dex adds though.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:53 pm 

maybe the listed max weapon damage isn't doubled but... it is a long confirmed damage bug for mercs that all +max physical damage gear counts double for mercs.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:21 pm 

In that case I'm wondering what the actual difference in damage would be between the bow I rolled and a 511. Guess I'll test on SP and compare.

389 - 795 = 440 ed 389-854 is the bow I rolled
439 - 898 = 511 ED

60 max would be equivalent to 120 more damage

Damn I guess I'm just going to put phys facets in this bow and roll with it. Odds of ever hidding 40 ias 511 are slim to none.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:33 pm 
Game Server Host

Baerk wrote:
maybe the listed max weapon damage isn't doubled but... it is a long confirmed damage bug for mercs that all +max physical damage gear counts double for mercs.

Damage is doubled on a1 mercs because of the critical strike. Mercs are classes as monsters by the game so critical strike also doubles the elemental damage they do.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:38 pm 

I'm confused? Doesn't crit strike double damage anyway? So that would mean... shit. I just used all my phys facets on this bow and it ended up being 10 dmg higher then the previous one I listed

It was 660 ed
632-1258 damage
40 ias

13556 - 26262 damage

I only gained 162 damage lol

I guess it's not that bad considering the 59 max damage added so that 660 would actually be closer to 700% ed. Damn it's just too hard to roll good 511's so damn frustrating and time consuming.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:49 pm 

It's not just the critical strike purerage. when it comes to physical +min and +max mercs literally benefit from the same amount of +max twice as much as +min due to a damage bug.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:46 pm 

Is the damage bug displayed because based off what I see so far I don't think it is displayed.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:04 pm 

It was displayed last I tested in diablo 1.10 in AM. Base weapon damage and the ED% that applies to it may be an other matter, but the actual +max damage mod truly is bugged to have double effect on all mercs.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:22 pm 

It must have been on AM then because base on my tests above it's impossible for the double effect to work.

Or this is what happened :

The 59 max doesn't count for it on as a rare mod.. once I added facets the 59 max didn't show up anymore assuming that it was directly added onto the Bow with the rare roll which it was so I guess it didn't count for the double dip.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:44 pm 

if it stopped showing up on the bow does it happen to have "adds x-y damage" displayed instead? adds x-y damage is actually two mods rolled together in 1 (+x min damage and +y max damage). physical facets have +15-25 min/max damage. It would not be abnormal for the min/max on the facets and bow to all roll together into one description line since the min would be lower than the max.

It should be further noted that the damage bug I'm talking about was actually taken notice of across multiple mods as well as unmodded d2. It's a hard coded damage bug built into the d2 engine itself present in diablo version 1.10 for sure.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:31 pm 

It has the add x-y damage displayed but only for the phys facets. The 59 max that the roll showed vanished once I put the phys facets in which leads me to believe that the 59 max just got converted into ed%. I don't know what else that could mean.

The min/max is seperate from the 59 max from the roll though because the min/max says this:

Adds : 85 min 82 max

Should be like 85 min and 140 max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:11 pm 

Having both min/max and ED% on a jewel causes some damage bugs though... Personally I'm not familiar with all the specifics of the bugs concerning jewels. My gut feeling on the matter is that either the game is forgetting to display the max damage from the bow or that the game engine bugged up to ignore the max damage on the bow for as long as those facets stay in there.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:21 pm 

I have noticed before that if you add +min and +max to weapons through jewels on a weapon that already has +max (on level especially), displays will fuck up as Lee is finding out. I also wondered what exactly happened to that mod that was originally on weapon...iirc the display on weapon actually loses the original mod that was on weapon. Not sure if the display is just bugged or if you really lose that mod.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:58 pm 

In all cases the save data retains no matter what. However, nothing changes the fact that how the game engine reacts to this save data bugs up when the facets are present in the weapon as well. If the facets were removed the max damage would return.

Offline Profile