Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:03 pm

Post subject: Wind druid 1.21z
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:11 pm 

Hey.

I'm running a wind Druid on the solo edition. Lvl 96 ATM in act4. Been running rof in hope to find some items like hhg, ward, wsg, mancer boots etc. Made an enigma earlier and also looking for a javelin to make brand in for my merc. But can't seem to find any ehthereal ones, just a plain winged harpoon so far.

Now I'm looking for some suggestions. Like what to put in sockets etc and if I should try to get hurri higher or just aim for as high torn as possible. Some Ames in shield for max block maybe. Using griffons ATM with an amn and um ATM. Haven't found any good rings yet so just using shock and raven for the absorbs.

Thanks in advance!

Also about the act2 merc with shield. How does block work for em since they have pretty high dex.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Wind druid 1.21z
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:04 pm 
Game Server Host

aim for max block and a reasonable block rate. Ward with an ether stone + 2 soul skulls will be perfect if you can find one. If you are in act 5 then try running eldritch on /p8 with an isted weapon. I'd stick with going for high nado damage as your gear isn't very focused on -enemy cold res. dont forget to pack a gerkes shield for undead bosses or areas (achmael, lake of the dead etc.)

Mercs dont gain any blocking from a shield at all so stick skulls in the shield slots for him if you have them.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:29 pm 

Thanks for the answers rage!
Well I could go for more cold if that's waaaay better but if it's just a little I rather stick to the superannoying phys skill ^^. I've learned to use it during the last decade even tho sometimes they take paths that makes no sense.

Like ist a second horizon? Or would u suggest another weapon?

And would u go for blood or ele crafted rings ? Still using lenymo ^^ seriously I'm not sure why. Maybe I should just use strings till I find something I really want .

I do have a 2 dru 3 nado helm 4 sox, no other useful mods tho. As I equipped enigma instead of wyrmscale, my fire and cold went under max res. Still, running as a charged frenzy barb now with tele :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:42 pm 

hey man.. if you're doing nado I would focus on the nado and just use cane for aoe slow and a little dps.

I did a windy last ladder and I loved the blood craft rings for him for tons of life and regen. Not worth it to go ele just for your cane IMO. Cane dmg can be sic if you focus ALL cold dmg, but then your nado will be lacking I think.

Glooms is the upgrade from Lenymo IMO, unless you need res. I would stick with Lenymo til you get Glooms Mesh (or Immortal Flesh).

Offline Profile