Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:03 pm

Post subject: Never made a barb on HU before... advice?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:36 pm 

Could use some advice as i havent found exactly what i want to do yet.
it looks like ww is a good spell with a 60point build, but since ive never done a barb before what kind of masteries should i invest in and by how many points?
im not set on a particular weapon yet so i will hold off on the weapon masteries.

what id like is maxed ww with synergies, max (or as much as is necessary) natural res and stamina and any weapon mastery i use end game.

ive actually never done a barb to a very high level even outside of HU so... dont use any technical CC BA with 2 CIO and MO...............

but im not dead set on ww, just looks good.

(also fyi, took a short break, came back, and no characters lol)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Never made a barb on HU before... advice?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:31 pm 

Whirlwind Barbarian is still by and far the best Barbarian build. The standards build is pretty much Whirlwind/Battle Orders/Increased Stamina/ Weapon Mastery + whatever you want. Maxing a mastery is a bit more important now, as the critical strike % raises more from hard points than soft points in the skill.
Of course, slap a point in all the one-pointers like Iron Skin, Increased Speed, Natural Resistance, Find Item, Shout, Battle Command, and Blade of Arreat. As far as Whirlwind synergies go, they're okay if you have the extra points to toss around but aren't by any means worth maxing over your life buffs.
(You can get away without maxing Battle Orders if you have a Barbarian specifically catered for Battle Orders/Command/Shout, but that's a whole different story. Standard Barbarian should have maxed Battle Orders, no excuses.)

Pretty much any weapon type works on a Barbarian, but Mace is pretty standard with Thunder Maul being the highest base damage weapon in the game. Axe/Sword/Polearm/Spear are all viable picks though and can work if you prefer it over Mace.
If you're checking blue.arimyth.com for weapon info, know that the level 90+ two handers got buffed fairly well, so the information on that site is inaccurate in regards to things like Unique Thunder Maul Windhammer or Unique Glorious Axe Executioner's Justice.

Hope this helps.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Never made a barb on HU before... advice?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:24 pm 

that helps a lot thank you very much.

Offline Profile