Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:49 pm

Post subject: Slow Missile effects?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:35 pm 

In the description, all it says is it slows missiles, but yesterday I was in WSK-

My a1 merc is my dps, nothing dies unless she kills it. When she had slow missile on her she literally wouldn't hit anything. The target was completely still, her arrows just went straight through and literally never hit. Once Slow Missile wore off, she killed the target in about 4 shots. It wasn't a dmg change, she was just not hitting the target.

Maybe this was caused by something else in my particular situation, but it seemed that my merc missing all that time was an effect from Slow Missile and I'm curious if anyone else noticed this with an a1 merc or other ranged characters?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Slow Missile effects?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:43 pm 
Game Server Host

It happens all the time, the problem was she was out of range (it looks like the missiles are hitting but you are actually too far away).

You notice it with teeth too, you need to get really close to those golems to hit them with teeth (closer than the range shown on screen).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:52 pm 

ya I experienced that quite a bit with my thrower too... but iirc she didn't move when the duration of Slow Missile expired, so the distance was actually the same from when she was and wasn't doing damage (making me think that the range may not be the issue)

I'll play around some more and see if I can't get her to do dmg with slow missile, but I swear I wasn't able to get her to kill anything, ever, while it was applied.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:06 pm 
Game Server Host

I didnt explain well.

When the missiles are slowed, they only strike for roughly the first 50-60% of the missiles existance. After that, the missile is still on screen but won't score a hit. I think slow missiles has some badly coded areas. It seems to slow the missiles by the % listed, then cut the range of the slowed missiles "hit range" by the same %.

So a 33% slow missiles will slow the missiles by 33%. Then the slowed missiles wont impact for the last 33% of its slowed range. Another issue with clientside display not synching up with whats happening in the actual game I think.

That's my theory anyway.
The explination of the effect is right tho. If you moved her closer to the enemy she would have been able to hit. I checked all this vs izzy a while ago (no danger, to you or merc and easy to check the exact distance the missiles are travelling server side.)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:26 pm 

minimal range arrows/most projectiles hit is like frozen nova range when under "slow missiles". Izual...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:48 pm 

ah! thanks for the explanation. I just did izzy and what you said makes sense. I think I get it now ^^. Slow missiles is a lot more powerful than I thought! Does the player skill behave the same as the monster slow missile? If so I gotta start using it more lol

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:56 pm 
Game Server Host

yeh it works the same

Offline Profile