Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:05 am

Post subject: Phys Bow Zon
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:48 am 
Game Server Host

I started building her recently as I very rarely build phys zons. Most of my zon builds are cold, fire or light usualy.

Its on HC but im not doing the whole vita whore thing as im not really into that anyway. so far she is lvl 36 with 100 base dex.

The Skillz:
I put a few into magic arrow until level 6, after that I started maxing multishot. I put one into the passives as they became available and got 1 in guided. Since guided is now auto hit I dont see any reason not to leave it at 1 point for now. At 28 I strted maxing decoy and got 1 in valk at 36. The plan is to max decoy, then valk from now then finish multi and finaly guided arrow. Remaining points will go into magic arrow for phys immune bosses.

The Statz:
planned stats are about 50 base str, 150 vita and the rest in dex

The Equipz:
blood crafted circlets etc with dex and emeralds in all sockets
blood crafted gloves with dex.
saphire craft rings with big dex (con ring late game)
mancer boots and belt (to help my res and boost my dex)
maras/rare with skills/dex/life/res
Armour wise im thinking holy craft with dex and res with all emeralds.
Eth rare gmb.

The Merc:
Act 2 Offensive from nm with full ele set, glassglare, faith eth ghost glaive, blood craft gloves, spirit ward with skulls/diamonds, coa and string of ears, giving him over max dr% easily maxed res, some ok life leech, 20 all absorb, dual offensive auras and a decent amount of + skills.

Phys bowa is one of my least played builds so i'd like some points of view on the planned setup. I pretty much decided thats how my stats are gonna go but equip wise im still not fully decided.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Phys Bow Zon
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:34 am 

You will have to use some life buffs as soon as possible. nature's peace/Wisp projector+cta will be a must, or else you'll kick the bucket before reaching end game. 150 vita seems low otherwise, think aoe attacks a'la' worldstone golems, a pack of crazy archers/mages gunning for you, duri aoe attacks, diablo's aoe..and so forth, you may find yourself with the life near zero from one of those.
I'd aim for at least 1k life bulb by the time you reach norm diablo, 1.5k before normal baal. 4k before nm baal, 5-7k in hell. Life buffs (party or otherwise) should help in reaching these values.

Until you get the con ring, you will have a very tough time with the resists. In a emergency, the elemental set can be used.
For the gear I'd advise you also use some pieces from mavina's set until you get better.

Also i'd invest in finding items with venom os skill for prebuff to give your atacks a boost. (Sszak's String + Andariel's Visage + your own +skills should net you a lvl 40+ venom oskill)

Other useful mod is knockback.
Yes, knockback, the higher the better. Had the experience from a SC strafezon a while back (before the phys bow buffs), knockback was very handy at keeping mobs at arms reach (looking at you chargers...). The good part of strafe is that it autolocks onto targets from out of your screen view. When soloing i'd go a few meters, fire 1 strafe, more meters, another strafe. If strafe locked onto something, stop there and keep firing until it's no more.

As a phys bowa, you live and die by your bow, end game aim for a eth Windforce with a good ed/ias jewel in it. And eth bows overall.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:38 am 
Game Server Host

I don't solomuch, it gets boring to fast, my fun comes from playing with teams. I always play in a group with friends and everyone knows what role they will play in any given situation. mMy roll will be to provide both AoE on trash and good Dps against bosses via guided arrow. I always have lifebuffs in my team etc so im not worried about cta etc. res is no issue, I have alot of all res charms and I can get res on circlets, rings, amulets and armour, I tend to always go dual absorb rings against heavy ele bosses too so res is no real issue> I always carry 2 sets of interchangable equip with me depending on what act im in. I'm mainly looking for other gear choices people have found useful as a main setup armour wise, helm wise, etc.

I`ll only need knockback for one thing and thats the LoS druid, who destroyed my paly a few nights ago. 27k in a split second is hard to tank and he is not knockback immune so thats when that`ll be needed.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:57 am 

u now new thing on HU is poisened bosses monster will fuck ur amazon... u cant attack shit if u near any poison boss / mob what ever u get stuck all the time
------

with what u wanna get amp ? amazon without amp mmh have fun

next thing is if u use SM gloves boots... just use belt too -_-

i prefer like this > craftet skull gloves ore champ. fist - nosfc coil - shadowdancer boots - WT´s

and why Saphire ring ? just go up to 2 x blood rings / atmas

if u roll GMB with amp chance , congratulation - like Kannli he rolled one crossbow with amp damn u kannli

anyway for me Amazon this ladder sucks so hard they make something wrong here with amazon this ladder - no fucking pierce shit its totally crap

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:09 am 
Game Server Host

Lord-Turin wrote:
u now new thing on HU is poisened bosses monster will fuck ur amazon... u cant attack shit if u near any poison boss / mob what ever u get stuck all the time
------

with what u wanna get amp ? amazon without amp mmh have fun

next thing is if u use SM gloves boots... just use belt too -_-

i prefer like this > craftet skull gloves ore champ. fist - nosfc coil - shadowdancer boots - WT´s

and why Saphire ring ? just go up to 2 x blood rings / atmas

if u roll GMB with amp chance , congratulation - like Kannli he rolled one crossbow with amp damn u kannli

anyway for me Amazon this ladder sucks so hard they make something wrong here with amazon this ladder - no fucking pierce shit its totally crap

read my post before the one you posted, I always run with a group, we have curses and lifebuffs, if we dont have a nec one of the tanks will use an amp or decrep ctc weapon. Saphire ring because i want as much dex as possibe since dex = damage much like str = damage on a barb/druid.

blood gloves for added life, leech, crushing blow and a chance for ias, res and dex. soulmancers belt and boots are for 50 dex from boots and the 50 res with 2 parts on as i already said, i wont use the gloves as i prefer some crushing blow and added life on my gloves and i need dex more than str, thats why i wont be using mancers.

on the poisoned bosses part, its the same with sins clawblock. however i wont be close enough to a poisoned monster for it to matter as summons and other party members will keep them at a distance.

Again, I want input on other possible gear choices that people have found useful, I dont want to hear that I need amp or bo or lifebuffs etc. I dont need to be a 1 man band and jack of all trades. she will be a pure damage zon who will be played with a party. Have I missed any possible gear choices? If yes, state it and what you found it useful for, if not don't explain i`ll need curses and lifebuffs as i already have that covered from other players...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:58 am 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
read my post before the one you posted, I always run with a group, we have curses and lifebuffs, if we dont have a nec one of the tanks will use an amp or decrep ctc weapon...

ok ok :oops: :cry:

Offline Profile