Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:21 pm

Post subject: light sorce question!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:32 pm 

I was wondering how viable light sorces are on here? Are the light immunes crazy amounts? Itd be my first char and I don't want to get to hell and get butraped hard.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: light sorce question!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:31 pm 

hm, depends what lightsorc... I've seen two kinds, Telekinesis+Combo or Lightning+Combo.

If you play a TK-Sorc, you can play with 5 Vit all the way, if you like, just max out TK and energy shield, dump all your points in energy (except the str you need for items, since you wont get around stating str on ur first char) and get some fixed dmg reduction (e.g. from diamonds)
You lifebubble is basically untouchable, since all dmg goes into your giant manapool and the rest is absorbed by your dmgreduction. And if someone manaburns u r dead. ^^ If you get this annoying life for mana curse you are not dead, but you dont like your life anymore and wish you would be just dead. Outside those 2 cases it is fun and you can kill pretty well, even in hell.

A Lightning/Combo sorc plays out more normal, you will need Vit, since your manashield will be weaker. Your dmgoutput is still okay and i would call it viable. It is no psnzon, but good enough.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:54 pm 

you can also go with static field and nova. Its pretty awesome for trash.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:26 pm 

if this is your first character, i would say do the nova sorc for trash.

i tested lightning, not good enough in hell. you have to think about
survivability over dmg output. in the end, the dmg was just to
low.

tk sorcs are awesome but you gota have the gear first, imo.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:02 am 

Would defintely recommend the nova build if your set on going Lite sorc for your 1st char.

Best un-twinked surv/ dmg of the lite sorc builds, as Raq mentioned.

However, if you are interested in lite sorcs in general (as you seem to be) my TK lite sorc I made last ladder was BY FAR my favourite char i made (6 or so chars, lvl 95-100).

Go base vit, max energy. With good charms and the right gear, you can hit insane numbers (as a reference mine was doing around 48k TK and had 15k mana). With the synergies to tk/ charged bolt, it is VERY fast at killing all trash that is not lite immune, tele shoot off CB once or twice to spam 30 bolts, tele on top spam again.

Also, like others mentioned because of the insane mana numbers/ mana regen you can get, nothing outside of psn and curse can really kill you. Psn is actually easier to beat then most on here would have you believe, I never really had a problem with being poisned. The curse however is really deadly, becasue it locks up your mana when you get to 1hp, preventing you from casting, which is almost always instant death.

Defintly a fun character to make, but imo not a starter character

Offline Profile