Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:37 am

Post subject: Solo'ing Norm Mephisto in single player..
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:03 pm 

Well, I've worked a few characters into Act 3 and none of them have been able to hand mephisto so I'm looking for advice on what the community collectively thinks is the best Mephisto solo'ing class/build.

Right now I'm working on a bone necro, hoping that the golem will be able to at least hold him in place while I spear him to death.

Builds that I've already gotten there are a Kick sin and feral/fury druid.

If a bone necro is the answer, what golem would you pump to hold meph in place best?

Current build, having just gotten to act 3 is:

17 teeth
10 spear
1 into G. Mastery, Clay, Blood.

Level 30

Thanks for the advice guys!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Solo'ing Norm Mephisto in single player..
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:38 pm 
Game Server Host

a bone necro will never be able to hold him unless you are well over leveled, if you were to use golems they will die faster than you can recast, if you use blades you would be forced to spam them and be unable to actualy attack. If you did get an attack or 2 off he would counter with his vortex attack that would wipe you out pretty fast. Your best bet would be the druid. Max his light res and get a weapon with chance to cast amp on it. Fill the weapon with shaels/amethysts and use it on switch to cast amp, then switch to main weapon, (tancreds is good) to take him down. Use deaths gloves and belt to give you extra leech and can't be frozen this will help you alot. Good luck, let me know how it goes :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:43 pm 

I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the advice.. Ill post asap and let you know how it goes... Just gotta find the weapon to amp. Whats a really fast weapon to gamble up an amp ctc... the military axe?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:56 pm 
Game Server Host

something like a scythe etc. go through the shops and check for weapons that show as Very fast for you then gamble those

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:30 pm 

Good light resist and diamonds in a good rare armor and helm I think is what I used in SP, though I may have gone with rubies...It has been awhile since I farted around in SP.

Rage is right about needing to level a bit, but it isn't ridiculous. And he is right about summons not standing up. Lots o pots are needed, and patience. Don't stay in one spot. You have to move. Yes, this lowers overall dps, but it's better than the alternative.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:44 pm 

No dice.. Couldnt live long enough to get amp off with a blue 5% ctc amp scythe with 4 flawless amethysts in it.

Tried it with the bone necro, he faired better. Got Meph to about 75% before biting the dust. It seems like a ranged character with a very strong recastable tank is the best option...

Guided shot zon? Bladesin?

I'm thinking a bladesin for fade...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:44 pm 

ur fighting meph at 30? :O

dont u have to be liek 40+..?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:29 am 
Game Server Host

single player version or just single player on the multiplayer version? you shouldn't be having this much trouble

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:37 pm 

mate i have a 95 bone necro and let me be the first to say, they suck against bosses. i dont think i could solo norm meph untill 60+ haha. as per golem tanks, dont pump a golem...pump the mastery, this gives you 4 tanks.

best soloing class is easy, make a blaze sorc, she will blaze through (sorry couldnt help it).

but yeah the druid/kicksin are far more likely to do it than a necro... p.s. just making sure your druid also uses maul, a extremely valuable skill that should not be over looked.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:12 pm 

Actually, norm meph in SP is still pretty rough. I prolly took him in the low 40s. It was still a pretty rough fight, untwinked.

Bone necs are quite good in SP up to act5 NM imo. NM Baal was a pain in the arse.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:25 pm 

Yeah meph is all about moving around hitting and running, guided zon can do it and also rabies druid.

Good luck with that one it aint gonna be ez, especially not unless you get yourself to 38-41.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:08 pm 

Mephisto down.

Got a guided zon to 39... Could only get meph to about 50%.. just didnt have enough hp.

Made my girlfriend play my fury druid with me in a TCP/IP game. Was still a tough fight but we managed to eek it out just as we started to run out of juvs.... Good stuff!

Offline Profile