Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:10 pm

Post subject: Funky/funny build suggestions
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:57 pm 

Anyone got some cool/funny funky build they been thinking about making or some shit?
I'm kinda bored and dont know what to do since Qwazym killed all my high lvl chars... :D

Basicly want to lvl some new char, taking suggestion for builds, anyone got a suggestion for something fun to roll?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Funky/funny build suggestions
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:04 pm 

Make Enchant Zealer or Tank Sorc.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:29 pm 

I've tried a tank zon w/Impale in the past, never finished.

I've also wanted to make an avenger for quite a while.

Would love to see either of these get up in the high 90s if you're up for it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:43 pm 

golem mancers are interesting
thorns char...
firewall/blaze sorce

Lifes what you make it, so make it how you want to live it, if your life isnt what you wanted, then maybe you should change it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:55 pm 

twistedmoonz wrote:
golem mancers are interesting
thorns char...
firewall/blaze sorce

I tried a golem mancer a couple years ago and they were just boring and sucked balls vs. bosses.

Thorns may be interesting, but again may be boring

I had a blaze sorc and it was very fun to play, as well as having a unique play style.

My suggestion: try making a holy freeze bow paladin. Now that magic bow/xbows have been replaced with cold it may be feasible.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:25 pm 

pfft he didnt say "fun" he said cool/funny funky

All 3 of those fall under at least one of those!! :)
Douche, to much haten pimpin :lol:

Lifes what you make it, so make it how you want to live it, if your life isnt what you wanted, then maybe you should change it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:03 am 

tank necro
max BA and synergies with CE

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:22 pm 

Quote:
My suggestion: try making a holy freeze bow paladin. Now that magic bow/xbows have been replaced with cold it may be feasible.
this

You said you had never seen a holy fire bower but they should be the same. And it's lonely on HC :P

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:43 pm 

yeah that sounds like a cool build, but seems kinda slow in the begining...right? I mean when can you get multi shot or freezing arrow or something?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:02 pm 

26lvl from wizendraw long battle bow. You can use it like forever...
Multishot 50lvl but dunno if you need these. Pierce(razortail) + cold arrows is all you need.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:19 pm 
Game Server Host

I'll be rolling a cold/fire bow pally with a kuko and holy fire on switch for oooodles of fun

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:41 pm 

how would you go about spending your points and stat points? obviously a holy aura and the synergies but thats only 60 points...what about the rest?
And what with the stats points? is it a heavy dex build or do you only get enough to use the bows/crossbows? and I assume you use elemental gear so you dont need that much str right?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:26 pm 
Game Server Host

My first HC char was a kuko bow pally and he was awesome fun just required a tank (a5 merc on him for that)

pure vita. may need 30 or so dex to use kuko comfortably. Don't upgrade it, the increased phys damage is nowhare near the increased requirements. You mainly want it for the fire pierce, 50% piercing arrows and fires exploding. Stick a ruby in it ftw, with razortail you have 100% piercing arrows at level 50 and thats devistating.

For cold/fire I was thinking something like:

Stats:
50ish str - dont wanna have to use equip for str just to get gear on, all gear will be devoted to pierce and added fire/cold damage to attack)
30ish dex - same as for str but you need less as razortail is part of the build and eases the dex req for you and dont need AR
xxx vita - dont wanna die
0 energy - dont need mana

Skills:
Holy Fire - 20
Holy Freeze - 20
Conviction - 20
Res Cold - 20
Res Fire - 20

Roughly in that order. + fire damage to attack is more abundant on the gear I'll use so focus more on holy freeze synergy.
8-15 between holy fire and fire res early game so I got something to drag me through a1 and 2 and to farm for ravenclaw bow with.

Gear: (early game just any bow with fires cold arrows and raven claw on switch + fire/ cold damage charms + whatever else drops really.)

Kuko with ruby in
Wizendraw with saph in
lavagouts
waterwalks
razortail
eye of frost - perf pierce, rest dont matter
eye of flame - perf pierce, rest dont matter
arduals icon
3 off auras ele craft with res
ele craft armor (res jewels if needed till facets) > templars with 2 cold and 2 fire facets (no matter the quality, the added damage is the winner)
facet helm with 2 cold and 2 fire

That way you get a lotta ele damage added just from gear. If you do happen across a cold + fire dual immune, you can switch to convic to see what resist gets broken (if just 1) then pick the bow that will do damage and face pwn.
General gameplay I forsee being wizendraw to freeze a pack and kuko to destroy it and just alternate between bows depending on immunes.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:03 pm 

fuck that seems kinda awesome in my book. so both bows you use are these 2 only? So I guess since they're pretty low lvl bows you only do fire or cold damage depending on wich you use.
Does the explosive arrow you shot add a lot of damage, or is it only there for the aoe effect?
I'm defenetly rolling one of these! :P thanks for all the info man

If you had a good tank would you do any decent damage to any of the hell bosses? or is this more of a trash kind of build?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:29 pm 
Game Server Host

the fires exploding arrows carries the full + damage to attack from holy fire and all + flat fire damage items so you can get really nice splash damage, the added dmage from the actual arrow splash (like the base fire damage is carries) isn't great though. They shine on tightly knotted groups with 100% piercing arrows as 1 arrow will explode 8-10 times through a group and hit the whole pack multiple times per arrow.

Same goes for fires freezing arrows with holy freeze + damage and + cold damage on items.
Damage vs bosses isn't like insane but its enough to make a noticable impact in a full party. Using only fire before was probs the most fun build I played. Cold version as switch option will add more depth to him for sure.

I'd try to keep holy freeze damage about equal to holy fire damage until it's maxed. That means you need more points in freeze/cold res aura since its base damage is lower than fire. Maxing one might give you en axtra 1-2k damage on 1 element but it's not really practical since if you hit an immune, its better to be able to deal the same damage with your backup element so killing speed is constant on everything. (IMO anyway)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:52 pm 

that sounds pretty awesome, thanks for the information man. Sounds like a real solid build and very fun.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:09 am 

With the change to lacerator (no more monster flee) I may have to give a hybrid frenzy+thrower/warcry build a try. Was possibly the most fun I had with a build in vanilla LOD. I will need to take a look at items post patch to see if I think it can do anything but look funny.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:20 am 

kramuti wrote:
With the change to lacerator (no more monster flee) I may have to give a hybrid frenzy+thrower/warcry build a try. Was possibly the most fun I had with a build in vanilla LOD. I will need to take a look at items post patch to see if I think it can do anything but look funny.

how would you throw wc in the mix? I had a thrower this ladder (Verb still does), but no wc usage. Was fun as hell, but tedious for trash clearing, and counters are atrocious vs bosses. However, when I finally ran with an amp summon necro, things played out really nicely.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:26 am 

The first main issue that I worry about is AR. Before, I went mainly warcry, and less emphasis on melee/throw. I stacked as much AR through items and charms as possible.

I used weapons to very reliably proc amp (also had to overcome monster flee, but it was fine) and then WC once they were amp'd, or to keep them still, then use weapons to get amp, etc.
I will also have to look to see if I can hit enough FCR and still keep reasonable life...I didn't even max BO on the vanilla lod version!

I am really not sure how well it would work. I haven't gone through the newer items list to see if it would be worth the time.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:49 pm 

Quote:
I used weapons to very reliably proc amp (also had to overcome monster flee, but it was fine) and then WC once they were amp'd, or to keep them still, then use weapons to get amp, etc.
Lacerator ctc amp is now 16% 3lvl instead of 33% 1lvl btw. I changed it on my own as amp was suggested to start 15%(10-65, it's 15-65 now).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:01 pm 

Steel wrote:
Lacerator ctc amp is now 16% 3lvl instead of 33% 1lvl btw. I changed it on my own as amp was suggested to start 15%(10-65, it's 15-65 now).

No worries, that's why I used two of them :D Plus, I had to compete with monster flee, which is honestly harder to manage.
Ty for the info though. Much appreciated. I think it was a reasonable call that you made.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:38 am 

I was thinking on making a Jumping baba seems it can be funny to play it. Anyone bother about this build? i tryed with editor on SP and max WW ,Jump Attack did nice amount of dmg.
You may say....it's gonna be a fricken pain in the ass to kill creeps by jumping on them, well that's why you get WW, also thought about the warcry wich might stun them but since it may only work with trash creeps it isn't worth bothering I guess.

Any ideas suggestions?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:39 pm 

With the new elem set, meteor necro might be fun to try. Lots of combo possibilities. Also, the improved druid summoner should be a blast :P

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:46 am 

Zeal nec:

max bone armor, wall, and cage... if the marrowalk bug does no longer exist, max amp and psn cloud. use daggers as only weapon and zeal shard.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:48 am 

New Fleshripper would work well with that build btw. :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:45 pm 

LockDown wrote:
New Fleshripper would work well with that build btw. :D

The new flesh ripper sux so bad.... old one was great for the build, same dmg and not etheral, once u find the eth one beats ghostflame dmg, zod it, plus 50% deadly strike and pwn. the damage on daggers with zeal sux... amp just make it doable. Its a very fun build and one of my favorites... with old fleshripper and old necrosword summon. (summons that sux now, since they got nerfed in spam and got no life buff... they are never alive now, 1hit kill the swords by any anemy, 1million years to re-summon)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:49 am 
Game Server Host

Quote:
1hit kill the swords by any anemy, 1million years to re-summon

If that was the case (1 hit killed all the time) then it would be impossible to keep all 4 blades up in the past... The spell timer wasn't increased that much and as a melee necro you should have decent survivability anyway (bone armor, a choice of curses, 4 blades, 4 golems and DK) + good hp bone cage/wall

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:54 am 

I think against anything besides act bosses that blades will still be ok. With self oak and BO my blades never really went down (until act bosses). The timer increase was so my ass couldn't keep andy/dury/meph pinned with infinite blades while merc killed. Now I think decoy is the only cast-able tank that will be useful vs act bosses. Although, the cast time went from .5 seconds to 2.5 seconds afaik, which makes it feel like forever lol

EDIT: ^referring to maxed blades

Last edited by slappyNuts on Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:14 pm 

the survivality its good, but since the bones are 60pts amp 20 and dagger 20, not so much pts for summon, so golems dks etc are not a option unless you reduce the pts on the build... so the swords are the only summon.

Im talking about swods as only summon... they die fast and no one can tell me the opposite, if so is a liar. their survivality isnt as good you peoeple say, the timer nerf should have come with a life buff, even without the nerf they needed a 5% life buff.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:39 pm 

@wolfs
anyways, let's not derail this good thread and argue about blades :)
I really like your build idea. I was thinking about making a necro tank with max BA and synergies, but didn't know what else to do with it.

A WW enchant sorc is really fun. I was almost done building mine this season, but then the news of a ladder reset.. yea.
Enchant, Fire Mastery, TK, CA, Warmth
Hatred, Rising Sun, Imm Flesh, Andy's Visage, War, sorc rings with PLR, cast craft boots, blood craft gloves
I made one in SP and its really fun teleing around and WW as a sorc. Good defense and damage, decent life and mana pool(with good charms), good damage reduction. It's definitely underpowered for a 2 zod build, but its more for the shits and giggles.

Then also something secret this season ;)

Last edited by slappyNuts on Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:40 pm 
Game Server Host

sure if they are 1 pointed. You want a 1 pointer summon to tank bosses well? Come on...

1 point in all summons + gear is more than enough to keep the heat off you on trash (more summons = less focused damage on 1 target = more survivability for each minion + yourself). For bosses, you should manage with bone walls, weaken, decrep and amp switching.

Offline Profile