Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:36 pm

Post subject: Soloing Blood Raven as a druid
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:43 am 

Right now, I'm a level 15 druid, just experiementing with a few different things. Right now, my damaging spells are Poison Creeper (6 points), Spirit Wolves (1 point, 6 wolves), and Arctic Blast. Even with all nine of my party (myself, 6 wolves, creeper, and oak sage), I get her about 15% of the way down before I have to retreat. She's even managed to full heal midfight before, when about two seconds had gone by between my attacks. Any tips to help me out here? It's tempting to put it on /players 8 and go run The Den a few more times just for drops and a little bit of experience, but it feels like I'm doing something wrong, that I should be able to solo her at 15.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Soloing Blood Raven as a druid
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:04 am 

hire a physical/cold merc to help you out. fully geared its like a second person. but yeah you have a real mix of skills lol, it will be difficult.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:07 am 

Yeah, I know I have a bunch of skills. It's the first druid I've ever really enjoyed, having my posse to run around and kill everything with poison and claws is just amazing. The problem, like with the D2C (maybe LoD) summoning necro is that boss fights are nigh impossible.

I might just try to get my druid up to 18, pumping points into something... I have no idea, probably either Arctic Blast or Poison Creeper, since I think my eventual build will be Creeper / something from the cold tree, so I have a dual element. And so my crows / wolf points aren't a complete waste, might go for the summon bear so I can have a tough summon.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:03 am 
Game Server Host

you wanna buff oak

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:22 pm 

scump wrote:
hire a physical/cold merc to help you out. fully geared its like a second person. but yeah you have a real mix of skills lol, it will be difficult.

i dont think you can hire before you do blood raven.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:40 pm 
Game Server Host

you can hire at level 8

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:58 pm 

LordTusken wrote:
.The problem, like with the D2C (maybe LoD) summoning necro is that boss fights are nigh impossible.

I solo'd Hell Diablo in v1.11 classic on 5 player spawn with my level 51 summonancer. Pretty easy tbh.

As for soloing BR, I'd suggest a merc. You have the wolves for CC so I don't really understand how you're having a problem. I'm currently playing a maul druid (lvl 27 atm) and I had no problem soloing BR with a merc at around clvl 10.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:02 pm 

Well, CC isn't really the problem when it comes to her. I just run south and work my way around the perimeter of the Burial Grounds, killing all of the undead there. The problem comes when BR shows up and starts multishotting / Exploding Arrow everything in sight, and my wolves fall fast. I do what I can to try and kill the rest of her undead so everything I have can just focus on her, but with her ability to teleport me away and slaughter everything I own, she just wears my summons down. Eventually, it comes down to her targeting me with Cold (maybe Ice?) Arrow and I just don't have the durability to stand toe to toe with her and my Arctic Blast.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:09 pm 

dont forget you can cast + summon while morphed, so if your not using bear+lycan your wasting away alot of bonus hp.seriously tho, merc+oak+wolfs+you morphed should be more than enough.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:27 pm 
Game Server Host

you invested in skills that give you no lifebuffs, oak is your friend, you should really max it from level 6 onwards.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:42 pm 

I'll try hiring a rogue and working on my Life Oak skill, thanks for the advice. On a separate note, I just had the time of my life in Tristram. Thank you so much for returning it to its former glory, and I almost had a stroke when I ran into Leoric. Then later, I ran away because his Bone Spear annihilated my army. I think, what I'm going to end up doing, is seeing if a friend wants to join me in a TCP/IP game in case I still can't do BR on my own, and thanks again for the druid tips.

Offline Profile