Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:55 am

Post subject: low life but high damage
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:36 am 

with a rabies druid, i have big damage, 190k with 93 pierce.
but with no oak or shape, 2k life with 300 vitality
how do other high level characters deal with the big damage andarial and others dish out? my resistances are not maxed but they arent in the red either... my poison resist is maxed, but andarials poison still drops it like a stone for a dozen or 2 seconds which basically makes me useless...?

is it damage/magic damage reduced by a %?
because "magic damage reduced by 20" doesnt seem very helpful if they do 500 magic damage...

would i be able to take hits from bosses like meph if i had max light res and a lot of items with damage reduced by %? or is the only way to do it is by sacrificing damage for 5 uber rubies in some rare or crafted armor

or to put 500 rubies on my a5 merc and let him get gang beaten 10 different ways

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: low life but high damage
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:56 am 

Should be always shifted so that will increase life. As for MDR PDR it works well too well in fact that it's getting nerfed. With 4x Celestial Spheres you take 80+ less from every attack ( most attacks have a physical component to so the PDR works with that) Boss damage was also balanced against max res so without this they do a lot more damage. As for Andarial Antidotes help a lot and casting wolves to distract her also works well.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:17 pm 

hfown wrote:
with a rabies druid, i have big damage, 190k with 93 pierce.
but with no oak or shape, 2k life with 300 vitality
how do other high level characters deal with the big damage andarial and others dish out? my resistances are not maxed but they arent in the red either... my poison resist is maxed, but andarials poison still drops it like a stone for a dozen or 2 seconds which basically makes me useless...?

is it damage/magic damage reduced by a %?
because "magic damage reduced by 20" doesnt seem very helpful if they do 500 magic damage...

would i be able to take hits from bosses like meph if i had max light res and a lot of items with damage reduced by %? or is the only way to do it is by sacrificing damage for 5 uber rubies in some rare or crafted armor

or to put 500 rubies on my a5 merc and let him get gang beaten 10 different ways

If ur a rabies druid u should be all but worthless in a hell andy anyway save for oak and perhaps tank. MDR is able to be abused heavily as that 50 per attack actually relates to each frame not second. IE if i was a nova sorc casting 8 FPS then that 50 triggers 8 times. Also its straight reduction after the resists are kicked in I believe.

As for other bosses such as Meph. You should have over 75 resist. And a good amount of MDR and PDR. As of right now at 96 my Pzon can all but solo hell bosses with no fear of death unless i overspam due to high resists and high MDR/PDR.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:04 am 

JnDmX wrote:
Also its straight reduction after the resists are kicked in I believe.

As for other bosses such as Meph. You should have over 75 resist. And a good amount of MDR and PDR. As of right now at 96 my Pzon can all but solo hell bosses with no fear of death unless i overspam due to high resists and high MDR/PDR.
* Damage is applied in a predetermined order. It is as follows:
1. XvX penalty (for example Player vs. Player = -5/6)
2. Sorceress Energy Shield
3. Necromancer Bone Armor and/or Druid Cyclone Armor
4. Integer DR/MDR
5. Percentage resists (including DR%)
6. Percentage absorb
7. Integer absorb

the mdr/pdr comes off before resists come into play taken from http://forum.arimyth.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11&start=0

Offline Profile