Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:13 pm

Post subject: Skelemages vs Golems.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:17 am 

For my summonmancer, I'm eventually going to max either Golem Mastery or Skele mages, but I'm not sure which one. I know the mages have been buffed by the update, but by how much? Are they worth going after?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Skelemages vs Golems.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:30 am 
Game Server Host

mages will crumple in seconds against any boss and they cause major counters against sub bosses. Golems can be recast as much as needed, it also means your clay golem will have more life and more change to make a strike and slow the major bosses before it dies. I would take golem mastery over mages any day. They will also work better since your main curse will be amp/decrep, if you were using lr then mages would be kinda ok i guess but i would still take golems personaly. I cant stand mages, the only thing they are good for is extra distractions against the ancients. 1 point is more than enough though

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:21 pm 

i agree with DOD regarding how useful the golems are, a fine tanking brigade indeed.

as for the skele mages, idk anyone whos actually maxed them, one observation though from my necro (max mast 1pt in skel 1 pt in mages) the skele mages seem to have a much high elemental resistance then the melee skels.

whenever there is big AOE elemental damage happening, all my melee is crumbled, and im left with all (maybe 1-2 dead) mages alive. could just be a reoccurring co-incidence but hey.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:43 am 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
mages will crumple in seconds against any boss. Golems can be recast as much as needed

These 2 sentences are very important.
The drawback to mages, is the fact once they keel over, there done, u cant make them out of thin air like a golem.

Lifes what you make it, so make it how you want to live it, if your life isnt what you wanted, then maybe you should change it.

Offline Profile