Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:09 pm

Post subject: Fury druid build, proof of concept
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:05 am 

This in light of a possible phys resist fixing patch in the future that'll make melees suck less vs hell bosses

Plan is: play him as far as it can go, then park him till hell phys res issue (and such) is fixed.

Build is to go along these lines:

Lycan- 20
Fury - 20
Maul - 20
Oak - 20
Feral rage - 20
Solar/carrion - 1 pt wonder --> to be used vs undeads (no life leechings)
HoW/SoB - 1 pt wonder -> to be used in a party of multiple droods or as needed vs poison (SoB)
Wulfs/bear - 1 pt -> to be used when first tackling dangerous areas for a distraction.

that's bout 111 points.

Play style: build charges of maul, charges of feral and fury away. Feral should make bypassing the leech effectiveness penalty of bosses easier to stomach.

gearing phylosophy: Weapons: big ars 2 handers, as much DR as possible, have max res in hell, pack on life leech.

Merc: didn't bother with any till A3 nm cold.

Endgame gear whishlist:
helm:
First choice: CoA
Second: Kira's
Runner up: Cerberus
Armor:
First choice: tyriel's for the FHR, DR, resists and open sockets.
Second choice: Steel Carapace, FHR, resists, DR
Runner up: Leviathan's, to use Os skill clense+SoB in poison infested areas
Special purpose: holy craft to use vs undeads
belt
First choice: worldstone granite
Second choice: Nosferatu's
Runner up: Arachnid Mesh
amulet
FIRST CHOICE [REQUIRED]: highlord's
lots of other decent choices
rings
con ring + ravenfrost
elemental set
some nice resist craft/rare/LL
gloves
First choice: dracul's
Second choice: steelrand
Runnerup: some nice 3 resist craft/rare/LL
boots
Shadowmancer's
Gorerider
some nice 3 resist craft/rare/LL
wep:
most lvl 90/93'ers to be used till a good craft/roll pops.
Charms:
First priority: resist charms with life bonus.
Second: dex/AR/dmg charms

Addendum on Rings/ammy: considering elemental's set even over atmas/ dual con rings due to the set having good resist and absorbs.
Also set provides the all important cannot be frozen stat. Most likely will use ele set till lvl 95 geared. Amp should come from boots or switch

Last edited by hex on Fri May 27, 2011 6:25 am, edited 4 times in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Fury druid build, proof of concept
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:50 am 

wheres amp source ? gores is like 1% lol i think ctc? duno how much amp of that low lvl helps phys anyway,what bout atmas or some weps/amys have decrep struck/on struck

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:58 am 
Game Server Host

steelspell on switch to cast decrep is great I found. Once you get used to quickly deshifting, casting and reshifting it comes naturally and only takes a couple of secs.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:48 pm 

blinky99 wrote:
wheres amp source ? gores is like 1% lol i think ctc? duno how much amp of that low lvl helps phys anyway,what bout atmas or some weps/amys have decrep struck/on struck

Atma's lacks the deadly strike of highlords, and I have a sneaky feeling blue balanced melees around highlord's and a few other pieces with deadly strike on.

In this day'n'age a low amp seems craptastic; if the critter is not immune I have a gut feeling that life tap from dracul's will fill up the life bulb faster than relying on regular life leech aided by amp (but neutered by diff penalty)

One plan I had in mind was to test out a amp charges wand in a boss fight, see if it has a impact. And if so, change out merc into a mn act 1 and put atma's on her.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:41 pm 

Lo's add like 15% deadly strike to weps

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 2:17 am 

Ay, a good rare with 4 Lo's plus highlords + a few sprinkles of DS on the rest of the gear and you can approach 100% DS. This will cost Ias tho. There will be a balance to be struck on it

Personally, I'd be more inclined to increase weapon ias, more ias-> more attacks->more leech (since apparently deadly strike 'bonus' damage does not afford life leech). This will increase counters too, but what can one do ? :(

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 4:02 am 

Fury druid status report:

Normal
No issues on non-boss mobs.
Full tancred in A2 > duriel & comp, nec amp/tap helped
Kept tancred in A3 a bit, swapped in uniques at the end of A3. Could tank meph without issues, nec amp/tap here too
Diablo: tanked a bit, then ran away, healed up, returned. Coudn't do it 0-100% due to his spammy dmg and rather meager life leech going on at the time
Act 5: the white dragon was murder, got counter raped in a flash with hwanin's bill socketed for ias. Couldn't even juv up.
No major issues on ancients, could LL enough to live through it.
Guardian was NP as we had a tap nec, however at this moment in time I recieved a hand-me-down wep, putting my damage in the 10k range @6 fpa

Castle was tough as nails to clear. Would have been impossible to do it with lesser equip. Actually, I abandoned a 8 player baal game that was cleared up to castle lvl2 due to castle being 8 spawned, but with only 3 people active (this including me) clearing the castle. I ditched the leeches and made a private baal game to continue with the active there.

Baal mini-bosses were manageable, we did have a healer that alleviated some of the aoe damage issues.
Baal itself was rather intense, but could semi-tank it (damn that knockback). healer sealed the deal.

Nightmare
Andy and -35% poison resists dun mix, boss was killed by higher lvl sin
Duriel @lv 69 @ 12k dps, but resists in the 18's and buffed life into the 6.2k range-> something happened and I got insta killed (well, not quite insta, but in 3-4 secs). Bottom line I couldn't stand toe-to-toe with him)
Act 3:
Scavanged some flail parts from my healer, mixed in some sewer part and got the flail.
Councils: first attempt coudn't tank one of them without juvs, I bring in healer and I can tank 2 at the same time(thx part members...). I don't get the q due to bug, I leave the game to grab durance wp from the polish guise rushing one of their own.

Few days pass, casual play, I complete the elemental's set, get lvl 75, plug in my best hand-me-down wep and farm up a moonstone amethyst to break last ias bp.

Can tank councils without pots, except a stoneskin one (the poison council). I bring in healer and I can tank it np. Of course, skipped the pi one.

Meph: lvl 75, 15k fury dmg with 17k charged maul @4fpa. 10k att rating, 5% elemental absorbs and 6.5k life with my oak. I solo kill Mithia without using any juvs. By this time a fend/impale zon and a blaze/fw sorc join.
Long story short, I bring in my healer to spam heal druid.
Plan was, druid acts as tank decoy, healer keeps us in ok health, party members kill kill kill.
Fendazon dies fast and cant dmg meph, sorc cant easily make use of blaze due to tanking difficulties (playing both healer and druid at the same time is difficult...) and firewall doesnt do enough dmg to scratch meph.
Conviction aura was tried, but meph owned the ranged in that case. After a few tries (which my druid/healer combo had no issue tanking) they bring in a poison zon and a hydra sorc.
With my druid acting as a glorified decoy kept up by my healer, we have little issue killing meph.

Healer dies when I was alt-tabbed to druid (was trying to see if I can damage meph...well..the char that could solo mithia w/o amp couldn't dent meph) and the hydra sorc and poison ama take off last 20% of meph.

Could have used a amp charges wand, but we all now that won't do any good later on for one, and healer /druid dummy combo made for a more easy kill.

Act 4: first impressions: druid is much more durable on trash mobs than the zon or sorc, no bosses attempted yet.

Offline Profile