Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:34 am

Post subject: [Written while asleep] Spearzon Build?
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 5:32 am 

**I've never actually played Diablo, before Hell Unleashed. I've played.. 2-3 maxed out Hdins, and that's it. So you can guess my experience with Diablo, let alone, character building, off the top of my head. However, 'You're fucking retarded, and you should be shot for being so fucking retarded with a character build's, are acceptible.

**Thread is VERY incomplete. I'll do more calculations and shit later. Just right now I'm falling asleep, and will continue to further fuck it up if I continue to try and figure things out. If anything is horrendously wrong, please correct me.

Things I need to do still:

Work out bonuses from the actual skill damage

So, with 'the patch' coming soon, I've though about making a new character, that isn't poison based. I've played, and gotten used to, Amazons, so why not keep it a Zon?

But let's drop the poison, and get some Physical Damage.

Using: Jab/Impale/Fend route. Not lightning. (Would lightning be better? Y/N)

***ORGANIZED INFORMATION LOWER IN THE THREAD. THIS WAS ALL TYPED AS I DID CALCS AND SHIT, AND IS INCREDIBLY UNORGANIZED.***

Total skillpoints (Endgame)

Helmet - Griffons +3
Body - Templars: +3
Weapon (2 slots) - Devastator +5*
Gloves - Rare +3*
Boots - Caster Craft +1
Belt - Immortal Flesh +2
Amulet - Zak, OFC. +2
Rings - Possible: Skull Craft Zon Rings. Not 100% if they even exist, though. +2*

*= Zon only

Total: +21

Charms: 5x Boss Shards, 1x Anni, 1x POTD 1x Zon Heart, 1x Soul of the Dead

Total: +11 to all Skills.

Total total: +32(22) to all skills. *Forgot to take out Heart, but fuck it, I've recalc'd 20 times. It's a minimal difference.

Increased Life/Mana: 30/60
Enhanced Damage: 742%
IAS: 326%
Attack rating: 200%
Enemy magic, lightning resistance reduction: 18/44
Resist all +163%
+23 Natural Res
+23 Increased Stamina
+23 Iron Skin
+Level 6 Fanaticism
**Does not include the bonuses from OSKILL, Strategy

OSKILL Bonuses:

(OOD Charts roughly converted based on Barb skills)

+480% Defense Rating, +23 Damage Reduction
+63 to all resistances, +23 Magical Damage Reduction
+116% to Life, and Stamina (Roughly translated from OOD Barbarian Stats.xls, based on level 12 Increased Stamina. Translation seems to be Stats.xls * 0.8625 = actual.)

Open sockets: (+3 Helm, +4 Plate, +3 Weapon) --> 10 OS.

Assume +20% IAS, +50% ED Jewels (Remember, we're talking *PERFECT* build here.), +200% IAS, +500% ED.

Attributes: REQSTR: 94, REQDEX: 90

Start with 5/5 +50, end with 5/5, +545. Take off 89/85, you have 174 gone. 372 left over, +5 = 377+10 Vitality. Possibly some off Gear, and shit. Couple frmo quests too, but fuck it, 387 Vitality, for the purpose of posting.

Attributes: (Done) Strength: 104 Dexterity: 100 Vitality: 387 Energy: 15

ORGANIZED

Stats:

Strength: 104
Dexterity: 100
Vitality: 387
Energy: 15

Damage stats:

Increased Life/Mana: 30/60 (Prize of the Dead, +10%x2)
Enhanced Damage: 742% (+407-1047)
IAS: 346% (Calculated at 5 FPA with Jab/Fend, and 17 FPA with Impale)
Attack rating: 200%
Enemy magic, lightning resistance reduction: 18/44
Resistances: MAXED. Are well over 150-200, excluding Maras quest.

**Additional: Nude, my currently Amazon [96 Strength] has a ~450-500% ED bonus.

Gear:

Griffons Eye
Templars Might
Devastator
Zakarums Amulet
2x Skull Craft 16/16 +1 Zon Rings
Immortal Flesh
+3 Jav/Spear, +10% IAS Gloves
+1 All Skills [+2 Passive and Magic] Boots

10 Open Sockets, all of which filled with: 50% ED, 20% IAS Jewels.

Charms:

5x Boss Shards
3x Sam Charms
1x Anni
1x Heart

Skill placement:

Jab: 20
Impale: 20
Fend: 20

Passive/Magic: +1 (8)
Valk: 20
Decoy: 12

**Will have level 33 Strategy, which will be an additional 500%+ Defence, and Attack Rating. Wouldn't be surprised to see 20,000+ Defence on this build, with a metric dickload of AR.

(From my experience as a PSN Zon, Valkyries are *much* more valuable, in my play style, at least, than Decoys.)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: [Written while asleep] Spearzon Build?
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:31 am 

not bad, looks a lot like what I'm trying to build my zon like :)

Just make sure you don't put 1 point into dodge. I would say to go with either Decoy or Valkyrie, not both, use the extra points for Strategy since I think the progression is linear. You should have some leftover skills (you only calculated 100, you'll get like 10 more from quests), I would probably put those in critical strike.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:55 am 

decoy ftw and one in valk itll be like lvl 20 end game anyway with your gear

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:59 am 

A question about Valkyrie though - I've heard that their stats replicate and improve on that of the Zon WITH gear (and the decoy doesn't?) so if you were a melee zon then having Valkyrie would be really effective? (as opposed to a ranged zon, where just having a huge life decoy is best)

This would really be the determining factor for which I would choose. As a melee zon I would want a buddy to fight beside me, where as a ranged zon you just want something to stand there and take hits.

Haven't built a zon since before LOD, so I have no clue about them anymore. Clarification on this is appreciated :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:05 am 
Game Server Host

valk gets her own set of gear depending on her level, all controled by monequip.txt.

High level valk can spawn with some really good gear and her resistances are not capped or penalised by difficulty (so she can become immune to multiple elements, proc amp/decrep and get high ed% on her weapon).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:10 am 

ah that's what it was. Thanks. Sounds like as a melee zon I would personally prefer valkyrie. I guess I'll have to try it out.

is there a way to view the valkyrie's gear? I would totally sit there in town and recast her forever until she rolled some GG shit lol

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 5:16 pm 

I would also like to know how to view a decoy's armor/resists.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:21 pm 
Game Server Host

you cant

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:24 pm 

Any reason a valk that dies in 2 hits is more useful than a faster cooldown tank that dies in 10 hits?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:28 pm 

Angel wrote:
Any reason a valk that dies in 2 hits is more useful than a faster cooldown tank that dies in 10 hits?

Valks definitely do not die in 2 hits.

From my experience on my poison zon, Valk is, like, 50x better than decoy. The only downside to Valk is that you cannot choose exactly where she will stay, unlike the Decoy.

Would have both though, OFC. Just one better than the other.

E: Thinking over, low-mid Valk with BO is plenty enough. High decoy with BO would probably be more valuable.

EE: Thinking over again, I don't really know. The main purpose of a Decoy is to sit there and tank, while you sit behind it and toss Javs. But, if I'm going to be up front, and in the face of shit, the Decoy isn't going to do much but keep things off from behind me - which will already be cleared.

I'm thinking Valk, again.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 1:58 am 

Ish wrote:
EE: Thinking over again, I don't really know. The main purpose of a Decoy is to sit there and tank, while you sit behind it and toss Javs. But, if I'm going to be up front, and in the face of shit, the Decoy isn't going to do much but keep things off from behind me - which will already be cleared.

I'm thinking Valk, again.

similar to my thoughts. The valk would mostly be for secondary DPS and to take a little heat off me- not expected to tank a boss

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 4:04 am 

Went ahead and tried the build, and I'm not, by any means, disappointed.

At level 38, I was able to sit out there in the intro to Act 5 in a 5 man game, and solo, quite well. (I was doing better than the 38 PSN Zon that was out there, but uh, don't think he had gear.)

Currently running: Radian Helm/Peace Body/Tannr Rod/+3 Spear Gloves/Lenymo/Caster Boots/Sapphire Craft ring (for frozen armor, tri res [93 points total], +16 dext, and 50% of my attack rating.)/Basic +1 zon ring/+3 Spear ammy, with 84 total res.

Going good thus far. Plan to level it a bit more tonight. Really would like to get this character to 95, and see what it can do. Will post results. Going Valkyrie, 90% sure.

Only complaint: Fucking Iron Maiden.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 6:57 am 

you have that 95 spear yet? I can't wait to get my zon to 95, since I got one sitting on a mule :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 1:25 pm 

imagine if that 95 spear dropped ETH.

@angel - without dodge/avoide ect, decoy will not be that useful.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 1:32 pm 

Just a few things

u are using alot of caster gear, for melee + skills is not always the best.

http://diablo3.ingame.de/tips/calcs/spe ... nglish.php

idk if 3xx ias adn 9 fant is even worth it....

Data:
Character: Amazon
Primary Weapon: Matriarchal Pike
Skill: Standard
IAS: 0
Weapon-IAS: 65
Fanaticism: Level 9

IAS attack speed [ticks] attacks per second
0 14 1.78
7 13 1.92
18 12 2.08
32 11 2.27
54 10 2.5
92 9 2.77

so you only need 92 ias *****

u need less as in this mod, the pike has a - base speed while in vanilla it has a 20

is lightning better? would going pure phys work (atm it does not, but will it after patch???) - if u go lightning, i agree with ur caster gear.

try this on SP.

go with +skill gear then with melee gear and see what is better.

after u make this char with the best of best items on SP, tone it down a bit and make it with items u actually have. THIS IS A BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 3:20 pm 

That statement about decoy is simply false.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:59 pm 

PmP wrote:
Just a few things

u are using alot of caster gear, for melee + skills is not always the best.

http://diablo3.ingame.de/tips/calcs/spe ... nglish.php

idk if 3xx ias adn 9 fant is even worth it....

Data:
Character: Amazon
Primary Weapon: Matriarchal Pike
Skill: Standard
IAS: 0
Weapon-IAS: 65
Fanaticism: Level 9

IAS attack speed [ticks] attacks per second
0 14 1.78
7 13 1.92
18 12 2.08
32 11 2.27
54 10 2.5
92 9 2.77

so you only need 92 ias *****

u need less as in this mod, the pike has a - base speed while in vanilla it has a 20

is lightning better? would going pure phys work (atm it does not, but will it after patch???) - if u go lightning, i agree with ur caster gear.

try this on SP.

go with +skill gear then with melee gear and see what is better.

after u make this char with the best of best items on SP, tone it down a bit and make it with items u actually have. THIS IS A BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!

I am using a lot of caster gear, but it's mainly just leftovers from my last Zon that I muled, so I've got a lot of Jav/Spear gear, designed for poison zons though. Right now, it's just a work my way up to a good spot thing.

So only needing 92 IAS - I'm thinking Phys jewels mainly, then? As for the Devastator, I think it's definitely the way to go with this build. It's got the +Skills, which, I am beginning to realize aren't the best on non-caster (Adds like 75-200 damage for this build, but on a Poison Zon for example, it'd add like 25K.) Possibly go for the Skull Craft Rings with +Zon for the %ED and IAS?

Forgot that fanaticism adds IAS. So, ringwise, what am I looking for? Just ED, or think Wisps might be the best for that Magic Pierce on Impale?

Impale is, I believe, Magic Damage - So Wisp might also be a possibility.

Would be a sexy ass spear if it dropped eth, but it wouldn't last all too long. Impales would eventually snap it. :( I've got a guy who said he had one along with the Immortal Flesh he could sell me in a bit, so it would appear as if I'm good to go.

Also, looking at that calc - Impale at 92 IAS with 9 Fanat. is 20 FPA, and at 225% IAS it comes down to 18 FPA. So might it be worth it? Doesn't seem like a huge difference, but I could be completely wrong. May well be.

Angel wrote:
That statement about decoy is simply false.

Decoy is excellent at going infront, also. If there's 100 guys right infront of you, you can throw it right there, and then work your way in from the side. But, I don't really know if it'd be more useful than a Valk for this setup. Valks do go ahead of you, and a low decoy (It'll be 20+ after skill bonuses) can usually last until it's time for a new one, on normal monsters.
Decoy is also based off the HP of myself when I cast (Need confirmation this is the same on HU) and this build is looking to be a ridiculously high HP amazon. So even less points are needed.

Base life on my 94 Zon is roughly 2K, and I've got Decoy nearly maxed out - it works fine, with a current +310% HP Bonus. Right now, Valk (the character) is up to level 53 with 1100 Life, and that's with minimal bonuses - the +Max life from Griffs, POTD, Flesh, and, above all, the OSKILL increased stamina, should make a joke out of the Decoy.

If it's +200 percent HP at even 1 point in, let's say worst case scenario I really fuck this character up, (by putting in 150 unnecessary skillpoints, like I did my zon. See: 60 energy, 100 some odd dext, and a bit extra strength) I'm still looking to have that 1800+ (94 zon has Griffs on, so have to subtract a bit) life, with 10% from Griffs, 10% from Flesh, 10% from POTD, and then ~100-130% from Increased Stamina.

Extra valk gear couldn't hurt.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 12:54 am 

Increased stam on the 95 weapon is what essentially turns decoy into a fucking monster.

Offline Profile