Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:36 am

Post subject: why does vengence not work with holy xxx auras?
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:11 am 

fooling around, wanted a vengeance pally. my regular attack and vengeance attack does the same with holy fire on.

is vengeance suppose to work with holy xxx auras?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: why does vengence not work with holy xxx auras?
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:59 am 

It should work. Holy xxx adds dmg, vengeance converts physical dmg to elemental dmg so u get -20% rezist to a specific element when ur using that aura. + the elemental dmg.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:48 am 

the downside of doing veangence with a holy aura is that veng is only multiplying/converting your physical dmg... yes, the holy aura will still add the listed dmg, but I think there are more effective ways to reach high dps; IMO it is better to set yourself up as if you're a physical dmg doer- so having auras such as might and fanat. Then, definitely having negative res is a plus, but I would go about it a different way than facets or holy auras... I say get an a2 might merc and set him up with Ardual's Icon for LR, then you max conviction and run it as your active, and make yourself a Beast rw.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:47 am 

I got a lvl 58 holy shockadin on hc, he's pretty badass imo. Dont really have that many points in vengence yet but I do something like 1.5k-7k damage atm but with a pretty crappy weapon.
I think vengence is a way better choice then zeal since zeal suck monkey balls on bosses. At least if you're going with a holy aura.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:33 pm 

I made a similar build as that, Verb, and it still does really well. Only thing that bothered me is that I had much higher expectations as far as DPS because I was thinking that the elemental dmg from holy shock would be multiplied by the value on Veangence, which it's not. Not saying that build is not viable, just that I think there's a more effective way to build a veanger (as posted above).

When I do a holy aura build I like to use zeal. I have 1 point into veangence to use against bosses, since counters are ludicrous with a fast zeal.

Also holy aura builds are a bit gimped right now, since their synergies are Salvation and Resist XX, but the passive absorbs from the synergy between Salv+Res are apparently broken (maybe this doesn't bother others as much as me, but I dumped 20 points to salv and 20 to resist fire before I learned about that, so I feel my build is wasted)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:52 pm 

yeah you might be right, havent tried zeal on this build tbh. I leveled with a friend who also did a auradin but cold. Clearing trash with 2 vengence(got a 2 yard aoe I think) and the combined force of both of our passive aura damage was fast as fuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Specially when we each got a act3 merc :D
Though we did suck against act bosses as we didnt have bo or oak so that part was kinda hard....

Though I have to say thats its way more efficient to go vengence then zeal since conviction gives synergy bonus to both vengence and your aura and maxing the aura it self gives extra damage to vengence plus 20% pierce on hit(not actually sure this is working though) for the element you chose...
1 point in conviction gives a 10% increase damage on the aura and 6% increase damage per element on vengence I.E 18% increase damage on vengence.....iirc

So if you maxed vengence, you aura(in my case holy shock) and conviction then you'd probably have some crazy damage. I didnt realize this myself untill after I had spent about 16 points in resist lightning wich was a huge mistake.

I might remake my paladin too see how good this works out...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:53 pm 

Vengance release 2 missiles with an one hit - Aoe and direct. Direct is 50% weapon damage + any others buffs like holy fire, fire charms, psn charms, etc. AoE is 50% of weapon damage.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:57 am 

Steel wrote:
Vengance release 2 missiles with an one hit - Aoe and direct. Direct is 50% weapon damage + any others buffs like holy fire, fire charms, psn charms, etc. AoE is 50% of weapon damage.

so essentially, the AOE from vengeance is worthless as I am doing a fire build...

vengeance converts phys damage to elemental... hm. I dont think I would like this as I think I am going to rely on tap to heal. havent gotten that far yet tho.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:33 am 

PmP wrote:
Steel wrote:
I dont think I would like this as I think I am going to rely on tap to heal. havent gotten that far yet tho.

That will fail.
You will need to keep zeal on a hotkey so you can flip between the two to leech.

Offline Profile