Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:26 am

Post subject: Zeal Pally
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:51 am 

I searched through these forums and couldn't really find a zeal pally guide or something useful to help me through creating one of these.

At the moment, my pally is lvl 50 and I have maxed zeal and put 1 point into every aura except meditation as they one seemed like the biggest waste as the others may all come useful at some point.

I plan on doing this for skill points:

Zeal - 20
Sacrifice - 20
Fant - 20
Holy Shield - 20
1 in each aura - 18

Total of 98, I'm thinking the extra go into conviction as my bro has a blazer.

Please give any suggestions on the above if I am missing the boat on something and should put points somewhere else.

The other question I have is the type of gear to have now and in the end. Obviously max block is a concern to have and the best gear would be enigma, exile, the weapon that gives % chance to cast life tap (at least I believe this is the end gear). But to get to that point, is there any gear you recommend to keep this guy alive at its' current point against bosses and be able to tank? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks for your time!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Zeal Pally
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:46 pm 

Uniques/crafts are often much better than runewords and you do not want anything that procs lifetap. You want something that procs amp or maybe decrep.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:08 am 

I just found out how important it is to have max block by boosting my dex very high and also boosting my percent to block on my shield.

With boosting the percent to block on my shield, I was using the lvl 40 unique which I believe starts at 62%, I socketed with amethysts to get to 75%, but a question on that is, once I reach that 75% on the shield, is it pointless to continue to socket more amethysts since the % block can not go up anymore on the shield? Just curious how that works for the next shield. Thanks for the input.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:39 am 

Shields can exceed 75% block, but the benefit you receive is capped at 75%. The purpose of exceeding 75% on the shield (or gear with +MaxBlock) is that you will need less Dex to have 75% Block on the char screen.

Offline Profile