Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:01 am

Post subject: In Light of The Possibly Melee Fixing Server Patch...
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:36 am 

I have started the Dark~Side Ender Build. (Jedi_Master)

A physical based sanctuary Paladin using zeal as a base skill.

Idea: I've noticed the large amount of bosses and monsters with demon/undead tags... Hopefully this will help.

I've run into many problems with the Magic Zealer build that I believe can be avoided with this character. Tanking aspects basically. 9k defense, lvl 12 oak. 30%(or more) DR, 75% chance to block, and max res means NOTHING in a5 nightmare. Even soloing is extremely difficult.

So I was thinking to take advantage of the +Undead/Demon Damage. I can see easily 2.7k%-3.3k% demon/undead damage level 95. no shards. BUT with a Breath of the Dying/Dscale etc. Low level will be easy to obtain AR and +dmg% via holy crafts. Lifetap on Exile/dracs will hold me off till late game.

I'm hoping this character can be the new zealer in this mod... Yes Fanaticism is a beautiful thing, but with the amount of demon/undead bosses/minibosses, I'm thinking mine might be pretty viable...

Drawbacks:
*The major one that comes to mind is... "What about EVERYTHING else?"
I'm thinking a good cold a3 merc will do just fine.
*Missing zeal vs undead due to Sanctuary Pulse.
It's just one of those quirks you have to get used to with a good skill.
*Not being able to see your true damage
Well I thought about this, but it doesn't concern me too much. I'll ask later on about how to calculate damage with this character
*In Hell, most of the places that have undead have Iron Maiden.
Sigh.... I know =[ But think of all the undead/demon bosses i could farm!

Of course gear is always a problem for someone like me who has NO viable characters to farm with lol. I just don't know the ins and outs of this game enough. Though i've been here for about 3-4 years lol. sad isn't it?

Well I'm hoping you guys could help me out with a few things.

Ideas for endgame gear. I probably have most of it, but some ideas would be nice.

Questions:
How do I calculate damage with +Undead/Demon Damage. Laymans terms please. I don't know much about the mechanics of the game.

Do the +undead/demon mods ACTUALLY work? I read on another post that the mods didn't work on bnet. I made a thread to ask for testing, but people are busy i understand that.

That's all for now! Thanks for the help and criticisms if offered.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: In Light of The Possibly Melee Fixing Server Patch...
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:19 am 

Rebel wrote:
Questions:
How do I calculate damage with +Undead/Demon Damage. Laymans terms please. I don't know much about the mechanics of the game.

Works just like any other skill dmg (assuming it DOES work). I put a field in for it in the dmg calculator on blue.arimyth.com in case you want to tinker.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:35 am 

Can you list what skills you're going to max? I'll be making a new char, thought of some kind of holy aura din or blizz sorc, can test that sanc dude.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:47 pm 

how will you deal with the counters from bosses that zeal will cause lol

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:53 pm 

Steel wrote:
Can you list what skills you're going to max? I'll be making a new char, thought of some kind of holy aura din or blizz sorc, can test that sanc dude.

Sanctuary Max ~ Endgame should be around %1.5k+ depending on gear.
Zeal+Sacrifice Max ~ It is just a zealer lol. Getting the most damage possible out of it.
Holy shield 5-10 ~ I'm not as good as you GG twinkers so I need more pts for max block. The defense is always nice to have =D.

Options:
Max Conversion: Always THE 1 pt wonder to have on a pally IMO, but sanctuary hits about 4k (with few +skills) when this 20% synergy is maxed. 4k magic pulse and magic damage on 4-5 frame zeal is a nice additive. Very useful in high pressure situations, having tanks with major life boosts and skill boosts. Healers especially. I can solo Mithia just because of the healers in durance.

Max Holy Shield: Who doesn't like max block/defense/life regen? IMO maxing holyshield gives room for customization since you don't need GG gear to reach the magic 16k defense(i remember someone saying you needed 16k to not get hit by most trash. Not 100% sure). Which will be nice since I might be wearing mostly holy gear for the damage mods. It's nice to have ALL my gear add extra damage without me having to sacrifice tankage too much.

Support: People tend to like to use points to support parties like res auras and vigor. Since a lot of my characters seem to have a characteristic of getting stuck in nm baal I tend to not try to divert too many points into these skills, but of course the option is always there.

Quote:
how will you deal with the counters from bosses that zeal will cause lol

Juvs and Luck. Just like most other melee builds i suppose. But since the server side patch is coming to "fix" melees. I'm hoping i could get lifetap via Exile and survive. I have a few nice 40+res shields and the runes... I'm hoping It'll hold me off till dscale. I might just have to use it as endgame. I haven't even thought that far ahead lol.

Quote:
Works just like any other skill dmg (assuming it DOES work). I put a field in for it in the dmg calculator on blue.arimyth.com in case you want to tinker.

Thanks a ton blue. I believe it works from what i have experienced. It's much harder to kill untagged monsters than the tagged. Tagged of course meaning demon/undead labels.

I was wondering how does the + damage work with zeal? Does it just add my weapon damage + zeal damage = total? That way seems to make the most sense, but i would know.

I wonder how much damage i would be running with an Eth Caduceus BotD. Lol. I might use a iso a weapon with more damage... Any viable options damage wise if i cant find a caduceus with + skills? Eth zerker? i have a few of those...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:31 pm 

Rebel wrote:
I was wondering how does the + damage work with zeal? Does it just add my weapon damage + zeal damage = total? That way seems to make the most sense, but i would know.

I wonder how much damage i would be running with an Eth Caduceus BotD. Lol. I might use a iso a weapon with more damage... Any viable options damage wise if i cant find a caduceus with + skills? Eth zerker? i have a few of those...

Zeal works like all other off-weapon ED in the game, meaning it just takes your weapon damage and multiplies it by a %. Strength bonuses, straight Enhanced Damage modifiers on gear, and skill ED all work like this.

Eth-Rare Berserker Axe is probably your best bet for end-game damage. The base damage on it outclasses Cadeceus heavily, meaning the returns you'll see from ~2k ED will be much larger. It is however, pretty expensive to put together (requiring at least a Zod, not to mention ED jewels worthy of it).
Berserker Axe also has a range of 3, while Cadeceus has a range of 2. IIRC, Zeal often fucks up with lower range weapons, so that's another point in its favor.

BotD isn't a bad choice, but the way damage of your weapon & off-weapon ED function, having a higher base damage will go much farther than an extra 500% off-weapon ED. Eth-Rares can get a little less than 200% ED more than BotD can which is a rather large difference.

Always been interesting in physical Sanctuary Zealer, so if you do make it, keep the updates coming.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:37 pm 

Quote:
Always been interesting in physical Sanctuary Zealer, so if you do make it, keep the updates coming.

Will Do!
It's level 40 atm in a4. I'm looking for my next gear over hsaurus angelics sigon lol. I could kill alll of council and mithia with massive pots. So it seems to be doing really well even with angelics. 500-900 dmg, but massive ias and around 500% undead/demon damage I believe.

End Game, I think i MAY have an eth zerker to roll, haven't looked in that mule in ages. Too lazy to roll it.

Quote:
BotD isn't a bad choice, but the way damage of your weapon & off-weapon ED function, having a higher base damage will go much farther than an extra 500% off-weapon ED.

I mainly chose botd because All i need is a Jah and i have it. An additional 500% demon/undead damage along with 500% weapon ed sounds perfectly massive for my build. Too bad it doesnt have any +skills =D. I think the poison nova is worthless though=/ Should change it to amp lololol. No, but change it to something a little more useful =D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 6:51 pm 

enchant ftw

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:55 am 

Okay I've only reached level 50 and in need of Diablo.

I did the math on blues calculator with a eth zerker BotD and it came out to like 19k-36k or something. i did it a few days ago so i'm not 100% sure. Of course this would ONLY be towards demons/undead. I did the math with 500% weapon ed, 1.5 eth. and put 2k% dmg to undead/demon. 210 str.

So these are pretty minimal numbers compared to what i COULD get. It wouldn't be much more, but the damage possible is pretty immense.

I like what i'm reading so far, but that is with my endgame weapon. I'm still wondering if i should wait for a +3 sanctuary to finish my Magic Zealer or get my Arch Angel up and try to BotD it...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 2:49 am 

Mate in endgame just use hatred runeword. It gives u WW and 1 point to ww outdamages zeal. WW with sanctuary's magic add is enough to rape trash mobs. Don't max zeal and sacrifice. Max holy shield and if there are other pasive bonuses max them also.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:17 am 

tase wrote:
Mate in endgame just use hatred runeword. It gives u WW and 1 point to ww outdamages zeal. WW with sanctuary's magic add is enough to rape trash mobs. Don't max zeal and sacrifice. Max holy shield and if there are other pasive bonuses max them also.

I would try that if i were rich and had friends to help run me lol. I can't even get my wind druid past hell andy cause of lack of community. They all end up hostiling me and using barbs to multi me. Which is lol for the first five minutes. Then everyone leaves and i cant do andy rofl. I just want him in tundra so i can farm a little...

Offline Profile