Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:35 pm

Post subject: Two gear-related barb questions
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:40 pm 

Hey, playing a WW barb.

Haven't put a point in any mastery yet. Lvl 70 atm. Got Inc Stam, BO and WW maxed. Have 1 pointers too.

I have a more general question about differences between lategame mauls and swords including uniques, crafts and runewords, which is;

What benefits and drawbacks exists between mauls and swords, for example in terms of damage, useful properties and speed for crushing blow?

I would like to know more about the differences between lategame mauls and swords before I choose a mastery to pump next, therefore I come to thee :).

My other question is that I am playing mostly with the same, usual players that are online so gems and runes are usually given to whoever needs them, which means I may be able to acquire a high level runeword by trading my found gems and runes. Now what do I work towards hmm.

I would like to work towards a cheaper high level runeword that can last from level 75-90 or so. Basically, something I can finish NM with and use throughout most of Hell difficulty. I am thinking something in the lines of an armor, Fortitude looks offensively useful but lacking in damage reduction. Another option is to craft a lighter runeword weapon that can last until I find a lvl85-90 weapon late in Hell, likely an unique.

Which runewords are good to focus on in this situation?
Remember it should be max around level75 and useful to some degree through NM and most of Hell.

My experience and knowledge about D2 late-game is limited, I think I have made a melody runeword once :D, so I ask your tips :)

Cheers

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Two gear-related barb questions
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:12 pm 
Game Server Host

runewords blow on a melee for a number of reasons the main one being you have no sockets to add a jewels/gems. Same thing with armour.

Cranium Basher (lvl 80 ogre maul) has cb and alot of other great mods including ctc amp. Thats usualy what i go for on a barb by that level.

fortitude blows, the 300ed is off weapon ed. in short you want any enhanced damage on your weapon, not on other items. The damage boost is not worth losing the option of other great armours. glassglare is fantastic for 50 all res 10 all absore, 10%dr 25% reduced poison etc etc. then there is shaftstop for 30%dr, and added life my paladin used shaftstop right up until level 95 and he isn't a sit back and hit every 30 seconds pala. He has tanked every single boss right up till act 5 hell so far and thats without another tank to help. its a fantastic armour for any melee. corpsemourn is ok but I still prefer glassglare for the added absorbs myself.

Shaftstop or glassglare for those levels, you dont need to worry about damage as your weapons will usualy have crushing blow and if you run with the same people then you dont have to worry about trash clearing either.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Two gear-related barb questions
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:46 am 

Swords are faster, but thing is there is no crushing blow on grandfather, only on titan blade which is worse sword in terms of stats and dmg wise. Anyway mauls are better since ik set has a maul. :)

Offline Profile