Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:35 am

Post subject: A couple questions
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:18 pm 

why does the lachdanan avenger set suck so badly? (still)
What do the patch notes mean about skele mage life?
Is pheonix strike useful?
fire ele druid seems powerful, how would you guys go about building one?
same for bladesin, would like constructive input and debate thank you.

also, i play hardcore, please use that when considering build options

for the blade sin i was thinking 20 fade 20 master, 50 or 40 points in blade skills with remaining points in clawblock or venom. but maybe clawmastery owns i dunno

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: A couple questions
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:12 pm 

drithe123 wrote:
why does the lachdanan avenger set suck so badly? (still)

it doesn't.
drithe123 wrote:

1. dunno
2. yes

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:20 pm 

Quote:
Skele mages have wrong hp gain - 0 per lvl. It was meant to be fixed but due to last minute changes it was left only as a note but remained the same as it was.
Quote:
fire ele druid seems powerful, how would you guys go about building one?
I've fried 2:
Vulc based - you just snipe everything from a screen away but overall damage isn't that impressive on hell/late nm + use fissure vs moving/big mobs.
Firestorm based - 1 bear/lycan rest into fire skills. Firestorm with IIRC 100 fcr (in bear form ofc) is enough to bring major damage + armageddon bigger missile splash makes it ok vs trash. Can't judge what is better if you start untwinked as I've played Vulc as first char, Firestorm when I had Lore and stuff. Firestorm can be better as you have more life - you max 20 oak anyway always - and overall damage is better, real issue is you need to be in close to target - bear is really slow + funny fhr/block can get you mad if you're in tal rasha tombs vs horrors. They're both viable. Firestorm is 100000% better for bosses as you do no counters while vulc does enough to kill your own team.
Quote:
Yes it is. Meteo + lightning + cold combined is very deadly. I have a naked phoenix sin but she did like 20k damage, 25k lightning, cold being still maxed around 18k. I remember we went straight from a5 norm to a4 nm with her. You can go 2 synergies + fade for more safety, or max damage. Phoenix + dragon flight into a pack of mobs = instant screen cleared. VS bosses it's necessary to stack fhr + and use only first charge, stacking meteo can be very difficult as you're getting all hits on yourself. For these risky occasions you can gear up just like dclaw sins and use phoenix :P. Stack pdr/mdr if you can. With 2k base hp, 8k total vs nm Diablo I was able to dclaw him to groud in "just" 30min or MORE - no amp and I was the only damage dealer in 5ppl game.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:50 pm 

cool thanks guys, too bad about skele mages still being broke.

the lach set does suck, the damage on the weapon is too low to be good for vengeance, which is based off your wep damage. all the pretty elemental damages on it are nice, but it's still only as good as civerbs flail even at level 35 (req level for ammy, and without the whole set none of these pieces are good by themselves), literally no damage difference.

I like the sound of firestorm more even if I'm untwinked, think i'll try that and a pheonix-sin next.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:01 am 

drithe123 wrote:
the lach set does suck, the damage on the weapon is too low to be good for vengeance, which is based off your wep damage. all the pretty elemental damages on it are nice, but it's still only as good as civerbs flail even at level 35 (req level for ammy, and without the whole set none of these pieces are good by themselves), literally no damage difference.

Gonna guesstimate veng boost to be around 350%-500% at this level.

Civerbs
Civerb's wpn dmg @lvl35 = 8-114 = 61 average
350% numbers: 36-513 per element = 274 average
500% numbers: 52-741 per element = 396 average
Hit some high numbers due to the max, but your dmg is choppy and extremely variable due to the low min.

Lach set = 53 average with very low variability
350% numbers: 238
500% numbers 344

Puts the averages close, but is lacking a bit. That's where the +100-200 elemental dmg comes in. This bumps the numbers up significantly.

350% numbers: 338-448
500% numbers 444-544

Combine that with the +skills and the modest -resists and clearly Lach is a nice set. Are there better item combinations? sure. Lach is a perfectly fine one. Quite honestly, if you can't handle norm with the mods that Lach provides, you are going to have a hard time later in the game.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:49 am 

I've taken another look at lach set, it's better than I thought, like you said, because of the minimum damage. I probably still lose damage by taking off twitch ;/ As far as 'if you're having a hard time with normal'.. sorry, soloing the game is hard, it's not my fault that everyone is content zipping through normal with their level 80 characters..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:51 am 

Lach set is awful.

Offline Profile