Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:33 am

Post subject: best pvp/pk build?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:17 pm 

huri druid seems pretty rocking just walk/tele and people die. psn jav huge dmg but only gets people down to one then u gotra get in another hit and by then usually u are dead. barb seems to need enigma or insane frw to catch casters. thought maybe tstorm sorc but can easily stack/sorb

ideas?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: best pvp/pk build?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:18 pm 

Bone necro, nothing can survive 80k spears.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:18 pm 

hm true

how do u manage 80k in pvp though 5/6 penalty , whats max spear ive seen is like 22-32k?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:24 pm 

40k spears with marrows.
Multiply that by 2.
20% of 80k is 16k. No one has 16k health shy of bo bitch+oakbitch.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:32 pm 

why multiply it by 2

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:37 pm 

pierce?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:38 pm 
Game Server Host

1 FOH will down a necro and you don't even have to aim propperly, + vigor + charge + tele = gg

Failing that, my old static sorc dominated in HC pvp even against maxres +40%sorb

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:42 pm 

GL landing a foh with all the summons. Your paladin dies in 2 teeth casts.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:49 pm 
Game Server Host

but you can fire way out of range of teeth, teeth are super slow and you can avoid both teeth and spear, you cant avoid foh.
Biggest flaw with bone spells is they are pretty slow moving missiles. The one that does move fast (spear) will drain the users mana while you dodge every shot due to low AoE
you only need at max 9 casts to clear all summons anyway,once they start going down, the necro will have to stop casting to start spamming blades to stay safe. + summons are generally not allowed in PvP. If they are then mercs are also allowed. That's not PvP thats MvM.
Hydra sorc could probs get the necro from even further away
Multishot zon > bone necro too in PvP due to missile speed.
Bone necro is probs the best you will get for fighting high life melee chars that need to get close since bone armor willallow you to get at least 2-3 casts off before they can actually hurt you. Deff not the be all and end all of PvP though,they are flawed against a lot of builds

dtailsin is another one that can wtf rape all in PvP due to dflight + KB + clawblock + gg frw. (venom wwsin is really good too as you can get right into your enemys face with dflight then block spells while wwing)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:21 pm 

Actually namelocking someone with foh through a fuckfest of summons is going to be next to impossible, and you can't dodge teeth that are actually weaved. You apply no pressure when you're running, either.

If you want to get into the actual logistics of the game, you can ibs and teeth is actually very easy to land on top of being extremely devastating(generally going to kill someone in 1-2 casts). It does not even do 1/10th someone's health in normal d2.

Hydra is impossible to even hit someone with if they know how to evade the projectiles or have teleport.

Zons will die in a single hit, you simply telestomp them and dodge lock them. It's actually one of the easier matchups, especially since no zon on this server will be running enough fr/w to sync.

Quote:
dtailsin is another one that can wtf rape all in PvP due to dflight + KB + clawblock + gg frw. (venom wwsin is really good too as you can get right into your enemys face with dflight then block spells while wwing)

Kickers(dtail sins) and ghosts(wwsins) are both going to be shit tastic because you can't screen drop your traps. The general 'lock' method was to corner camp until you land a mind blast>ls>wof combo. You'd tele into them, reset the traps, then triwhirl. You basically die in 1 hit to spells(opposed to ~10 in normal d2) and you can't trap lock in HU.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:43 pm 
Game Server Host

gl telestomping a zon when they can fire alot further than you can teleport. 100% pierce = minions dont help you at all

"Zon's will die in a single hit"
so will necro's, incase you handn't noticed, d2 dueling is pretty much he who strikes first wins. fast missiles > slow ones

You dont need to namelock with foh, click the ground near them and fall back, rinse and repeat. Teeth is way to slow, you can outrun your own teeth on a necro and they aint exactly a fast moving class

Have you used a dtail sin to duel defore? dflight into range then dtail to stun = game over. As for ww, is you have good venom the necro will die before you finish your first ww (and you cant die during that time)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:10 pm 

When you're casting foh you're stationary = dead.

Necros can survive zons relatively easy, and if you want to make it a bigtime joke you pop amethysts into your shield for max block.

Duel me a few times?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:16 pm 

i have 3 uber amyes in my barbs shield and base 94 dex and only have 38% block using spirit ward

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:17 pm 
Game Server Host

I don't have any sc chars, if you make something on HC i`d be happy to jump on for a half hour or whatever. I don't have time to play enugh to build something though. If you have time and want to, i can move all my muled stuff onto a spare acount for you and you can use it to build something on HC.

Personal preferance, I much prefer a sin or a pally for PvP but I'd probs just use my fire sorc.

If you wanna make a necro I got a load of good low, mid and high end gear for em. PM me if you want me to move gear over anyway.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:38 pm 

Wasting hours upon hours of my time for a single duel hardly seems fun or something I actually want to do.

Find a friend with something to duel me on in sc.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:17 pm 
Game Server Host

I don't know many folks that play SC and those I do know, I don't think they have anything for PvP.

SP over open would be ok i guess, just need to ss your inv + char screen while both in the game and PM them to each other to prove no items you can't get on the realm. ;)

I'll should be free between tuesday and thursday if you wanna try getting a few other folks in too.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:47 am 

I hate to say it but foh and zons really are a joke for a nec. Hes just going to prison you to pull you out of sync and make it an easy telestomp duel. Zons have faster missle speed but they have one huge flaw...dodge. You better hope that first hit kills his summons, strips his armor, and kills him. If it doesnt youre already dodge locked and dead.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:22 am 
Game Server Host

venom on multishot ftw, don't need to worry about bone armor that way, a multishot or 2 will destroy the cage and most of the minions (if not all of them). The zons superior range is win. Teeth has a next hit delay, you might use the dodge animation but you will be free before another missile has a chance to hit you.

Duno what FoH/hammer pallys you've been dueling but they must be super bad if they can't kill a necro. :lol:

I'm not saying a bone necro sux, I'm saying there are plenty of builds that can kill them and 2 of the easiest to do it on are multi zon and hammer/foh pally (possibly with massive prayer for super easy mode vs casters)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:27 am 

The only thing zons have an advantage at is FPA. Bone necros are stuck at 9 fpa where as zons can throw things at 7 fpa. Of course, this is completely impossible without sacrificing damage, so they're at 8 fpa.

Bone necros have bone armor, which adds a ridiculous amount of mitigation in addition to base defense(oh yeah, multi requires AR).

Any dex based build is dead in a single teeth hit, and landing multi isn't as easy when you circle a round in a counter-clockwise teleport pattern. Vita based builds are pretty meh, but let's just for sake of arguement say someone made it. 2 teeth hits. Once you get hit with a spell, you either take damage or dodge. You're essentially dodge-locked and dead whenever the spells land. The only exception is if you manage to be intelligent enough to run enough fr/w(no one will have this) to sync the server and get away. And even then, it's all luck.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:47 am 
Game Server Host

Why the hype over teeth? I've dueled bone necros here before and teeth is only taking about 1/6 hp per cast (loaded with skillers)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:30 am 

i had a zon loaded with 60/20s last season eth gmb 487 ed or such , death craft helm 4 60/20s or so had to have hit 7 fpa she was awesome so like 12 50-60/20's costly but fun

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:47 am 

If you wish to duel a foher, msg me. Doc's got medecine for u X) cough*brag*cough

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:21 pm 

My zon hits the 7fpa breakpoint, but that's with merc fanat.

30k damage teeth = 6k damage.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:09 pm 

*dieu Right?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:16 pm 

200% fcr, max ES static field sorce.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:52 pm 

+ skills have helped out hybrids a fair bit.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:20 pm 

Hybrids as in what? Most of them are trashy.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:45 pm 
Game Server Host

Anything tha't aint a cookie cutter suxxxorzzzzomg

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:47 pm 

I play a bone necro, which has consistently been underpowered on this server.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:54 pm 
Game Server Host

It hasn't been consistantly onderpowered though. It was claimed by someone who has no idea how to build a char, to be underpowered. That was deemed false last patch once I actually checked it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:50 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
Anything tha't aint a cookie cutter suxxxorzzzzomg

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:21 am 

i see

Last edited by tase on Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:38 am 

It is vastly underpowered in comparison to poison zons and fire sorcs, and only brought towards the cusp of viability due to the imbalanced oversight of a3 cold mercs.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:00 am 

E? Bone necs were awesome last ladder. Tho boneshade had horadrims reanimate I used a5 anyway. That was imba big time, with only one skiller and anni/sammycharm/nec heart(had to get it again, sold to akara by accident...) he was clearing stuff faster than any poison zon could wish. For bosses he wasn't that great due to rather high magic res of mobs + magic abs - well it hurts all non fire/poison users if they wish to solo. I used a3 cold merc once... till I met few magic/cold immune yetis in caverns.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:10 am 

He can clear trash? Oh boy, everything in the game can clear trash. Bosses is where the actual game is at. You cannot continue with the game if you can't kill bosses.

LR breaks almost every cold immunity that matters, and I've never run into a single mob that was both magic and cold immune.

Pretending they were good is also laughable, take a look at the other spectrum(poison necs) and you'll very quickly realize they were bad.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:50 am 

Quote:
Bosses is where the actual game is at. You cannot continue with the game if you can't kill bosses.
Team. This ladder first group leaving nm(me + Dieu + few guys but I had to logout just before baal died) had a bone nec in team - he killed everything from guardian to darkness. Just because he doesn't kill as fast as psn doesn't mean he's underpowered. Rather poison/fire stackers overpowered - I believe that adding poison abs/lowering fire patch dmg was already spoken off.
Quote:
He can clear trash? Oh boy, everything in the game can clear trash.
Time matters. Poison zon can clear hell tundra, just takes 3x more time than average bone nec. Ofc Necs with heart/shards just like poison zons don't need any more gear(?) so saying that 300k plague strike zons can clear fast tundra is gg. For example Hako - he posted his shots - had like 110k/8sec when we were killing hell baal(2nd this ladder) - dmg vs trash was so low that it was better to use merc only + decoys + stuff. Yeah only bosses matters when you play twinked.
Quote:
LR breaks almost every cold immunity that matters, and I've never run into a single mob that was both magic and cold immune.
Superunique yeti on 2nd floor of frozen citadel - he's good 95lvl gear dropper.
Quote:
Pretending they were good is also laughable, take a look at the other spectrum(poison necs) and you'll very quickly realize they were bad.
Lulz.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:29 am 

Quote:
Just because he doesn't kill as fast as psn doesn't mean he's underpowered.

Yes it does. A poison zon can do 5 full hell baal runs in the time it takes a bone necro to do a single one.

Quote:
Time matters. Poison zon can clear hell tundra, just takes 3x more time than average bone nec. Ofc Necs with heart/shards just like poison zons don't need any more gear(?) so saying that 300k plague strike zons can clear fast tundra is gg. For example Hako - he posted his shots - had like 110k/8sec when we were killing hell baal(2nd this ladder) - dmg vs trash was so low that it was better to use merc only + decoys + stuff. Yeah only bosses matters when you play twinked.

450k plagues instantly kill just about anything that isn't a boss in the game. With merc and pierce it clears about half as slow as a bone necro. This is a perfect zon and a perfect bone nec.

You people have no ability to comprehend relativity. Bone necros are imbalanced in comparison to say a melee character, where as they're just a spec of dust in the wind in comparison to a blaze/psn zon/meteor sorc.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:41 am 

Ok, there are only poison zons and fire sorcs in d2, right?.

It was widely agreed that these 2 chars are overpowered, non everyone else underpowered. Compare lightning sorcs to bone necs, or bone necs to windy druids. Poison necs got a huge nerf due to the fact they actually need to hit this ladder/trang was nerfed and now it's just decent character. If I follow your logic right if you roll a char that isn't firesorc or poison zon you lose?

Quote:
Yes it does. A poison zon can do 5 full hell baal runs in the time it takes a bone necro to do a single one.
Nerf then, to match other characters damage.
And again. 350k poison zon is common thing. I wonder if it wasn't Rasta that hooked you up with all gear this season would you say that everything is underpowered. Well you have something in common :).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:25 am 

Rasta barely had anything on his accounts and essentially only gave access to crafting and gold.

450k, not 350k. Whole diffferent ballgame.

I wonder if you didn't roll a bunch of crappy characters you'd actually have the ability to get yourself some shards(which, as you stated, you have none - while playing much longer than I have and having far less).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:30 am 

I pretty much stopped playing after hell baal, in January. I rolled few chars to hell and that's it. Farming unnecessary stuff like shards isn't for me. I have 2 fire druids, Lightning sorc, poison zon(she's first matriarch @92lvl, around 130k/8s)maul druid, 2 summ necs, smiter, light trapper. Nothing to throw bosses to their knees - I've done that before last ladder. I had a hope this ladder few chars that I've always liked - fire druids, chain lightning sorcs, pure summoners/no mercs - would get better. You can say these are crappy chars.
edit: +strafe zon to get all that gear from tundra/cit/abyss/ros.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:59 am 

Steel wrote:
If I follow your logic right if you roll a char that isn't firesorc or poison zon you lose?

That is his logic. It is important to understand that.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:34 am 

blue_myriddn wrote:
Steel wrote:
If I follow your logic right if you roll a char that isn't firesorc or poison zon you lose?

That is his logic. It is important to understand that.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:35 am 

ITT : only poizons and fire sorcerers are viable.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:28 pm 

back to pk pvp

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:54 pm 
Game Server Host

why only highlevel pvp? mid level is by far the most fun.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:46 pm 

Lots of things are viable if you want to spend half an hour fighting a boss.

I can run a barb, max zerk, and frenzy hell andariel to death after 2 hours of fighting with a heal paladin. Is it viable? Yes. Is it worth my time? No.

Shards are new this patch, you'd think you'd want at least a single set, but I guess not.

I must of uspet zikur or something, kid posted twice in a minute, I suppose the edit button is wayyyyy too hard to figure out.

Lastly, Tase got a taste of how imba a necro is. What was it, like 20-0?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:15 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
It hasn't been consistantly onderpowered though. It was claimed by someone who has no idea how to build a char, to be underpowered. That was deemed false last patch once I actually checked it.

right, like you checked melees etc ;]

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:46 pm 

right, i should have posted, waited several minutes then come back to post again !
that would have taken up much less of my time !
quick reply = faster than edit
plus why add anything to quotebox post?
also, if you think a 2 hour boss fight is viable then i'm not sure you grasp the meaning of the word.
'kid'
lol.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:22 am 

Angel wrote:
Lots of things are viable if you want to spend half an hour fighting a boss.

I can run a barb, max zerk, and frenzy hell andariel to death after 2 hours of fighting with a heal paladin. Is it viable? Yes. Is it worth my time? No.

Shards are new this patch, you'd think you'd want at least a single set, but I guess not.

I must of uspet zikur or something, kid posted twice in a minute, I suppose the edit button is wayyyyy too hard to figure out.

Just bone necros with full late game gear.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:55 am 
Game Server Host

drithe123 wrote:
PureRage-DoD wrote:

right, like you checked melees etc ;]

I did check, with a necro with good amp (as I said). Not my fault folks are scared of spending points. What did you do?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:12 am 

Quote:
+1 on them is new. I've already said that that gear boost with more +skills covered most of skillers removal. Shards are optional and requires farming. It's not that like they never dropped to me. In fact I had many andy/dur/meph/diablo but I let ppl get them even if I was killing them, well, few were horribly ninjed.
Quote:
Bone nec > barb no matter what. But multizon > bonenec and barb = multizon. Any public duels soon? I don't have much pvp chars but pvm, only zon can be geared right for pvp.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:36 am 

You guys...really have no idea how to PvP.

Everything is in this thread is bullshit, lol.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:22 am 

I dueled you with no shield, no weapon, no boneshield, and you still lost lol.

Necs > zons, hands down. Golem rapes your fpa, prison destroys your mobility, you die in a single hit, once an attack hits you you'll dodge aka you're dodge locked until you're dead with nowhere to run.

You don't have the AR to actually multi through a bone shield.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:46 am 

Quote:
I dueled you with no shield, no weapon, no boneshield, and you still lost lol.
? me? yesterday? I remember it was 1:1 actually. I wasn't using bow too, I had an axe. anyway, acc is *ming, feel free to whisp we can duel.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:00 am 
Game Server Host

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:39 am 

I only dueled a barb yesterday, he got 18-0'd or something.

Added ming for whenever you get on, same with dieu, can't seem to ever find you on however.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:53 am 

Quote:
I did check, with a necro with good amp (as I said). Not my fault folks are scared of spending points. What did you do?

Spent a month trying to help the develop the patch, and got sick of all your shitty elitist attitudes and quit HU.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:23 am 
Game Server Host

drithe123 wrote:
Quote:

Spent a month trying to help the develop the patch, and got sick of all your shitty elitist attitudes and quit HU

good idea, you should stand by it

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:35 am 

gotta agree with PureRage, you've only been back a few days and have still managed to post annoying and arrogant posts. I could do without having you around. Perhaps your previous problems had more to do with your posts and less to do with other people's.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:45 am 

Oh sorry, I forgot to suck you off on my way in, that might have lightened your disposition. Like a bunch of hens, all of you really. I think it's funny, the only things I've said in the last couple of days that I've posted recently that might sound annoying and arrogant has been , no blue I don't agree with you on the lach said, thanks for your advice though, and my reply to a douchebag who decided to insult me out of nowhere without good reason. So basically, fuck you and fuck the horse you rode in on.

And frankly, I'm typically a very reactive poster. Most times I don't go out of my way to fling shit or troll.. though if I did this would be the forum to do it on. All of you that I thought were alright years ago have just turned into to powersour old men, if I do quit HU again for whatever reason it'll be for a lack of logical thinking individuals with something better to do than assert their ability to be a factious prick on a forum to play with.

Last edited by drithe123 on Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:48 am 

Sorry - didn't quite catch what you said there.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:53 am 

i vote shut down this annoying thread and rush me to lvl 95 with my sanctuary paladin. That's just me though.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:43 pm 

Only chars I've seen of blue's have been leeching and useless anyways.

Well, not useless, he gave me juvs?

Offline Profile