Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:37 pm

Post subject: Wyrm AI
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:37 pm 

I'm curious about how the wyrm AI works, since one teleported on top and killed me earlier today. The part I find odd is that he targeted me while all my summons were active, so was it just random chance that he targeted me while a bunch of other little guys were attacking him? Although surely it's possible, I don't think that's the case...

I know there's been a lot of AI modifications in HU so I'm curious what those bastards are programmed to do? And when they tele directly on top of me I became stuck. Is this intentional to act as a stun (is it a bug, or a feature? as the joke around this office goes)

Thanks in advance.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Wyrm AI
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:47 pm 

I believe they dragon flight on characters who are doing high DPS to them, which means they will often fly past barbs and summons. Dunno if it does a stun attack or not, seems like it might. I know they are nasty to casters who keep their feet planted in place. Best call is to fire a few shots and move, but even then the sneaky buggers will land a hit on you now and then.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:59 pm 

lmao epic fuckin pic, and thanks for the info. This was my first caster I've made on HU so I'm not used to my bubble being so goddamn squishy, ESPECIALLY cuz I got comfy having my meat shield around all the time...

It was a disappointing way to go out, since me and Clown just 2manned the summoner. I would have rather gone down in a blazing epic battle with a boss than to trash that I can usually take a dozen hits from (I guess the lag spike was longer than I realized? Or maybe I got amped..)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:21 pm 

slappyNuts wrote:
lmao epic fuckin pic, and thanks for the info. This was my first caster I've made on HU so I'm not used to my bubble being so goddamn squishy, ESPECIALLY cuz I got comfy having my meat shield around all the time...

It was a disappointing way to go out, since me and Clown just 2manned the summoner. I would have rather gone down in a blazing epic battle with a boss than to trash that I can usually take a dozen hits from (I guess the lag spike was longer than I realized? Or maybe I got amped..)

WYRM cast Decrep...

also yea blues right... they have dragonflight and tele to the highest dmging character

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:04 pm 

Did you have a mercenary or skeleton mages? From my experience wyrms only dflight as a counter to any attack that directly hits them. Highest damage has nothing to do with it.

You're getting stun/fhr locked from a lot of shit. Decrep, twister, nado, and their melee attack.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:18 pm 

They telestomp you with nado, nado = stuck in FHR lock.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:30 pm 

@ben
I 1 pointed skel mages, so I had 2 of them, and I had an a3 cold merc.

I had 16 juvs in my belt, if it weren't for that brief spike I surely could have mashed my 1234123412341234 to victory. Had second highest fhr breakpoint (7 iirc).. I don't even recall hitting him that much, as I was just walking around casually.

Anyways thanks for the info everyone

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:45 am 

they don't tele to the highest dps caster - they just counter anyone's attacks with dragon flight regardless their damage. Chargebolts destroy them - traps, javas, cbsorcs - they will tele over you again and again doing no damage if you have high fcr/ias.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:57 am 

Then you were either standing on one of your ranged minions/merc or you hit him and caused him to teleport on you.

Offline Profile