Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:42 pm

Post subject: I registered here just to complain about mephisto.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:31 am 

So, I am playing solo edition. I was having great fun, cruising through the game. Some parts were challenging, but not impossible. Then I go to mephisto.

As it was I was a lightning sorc, going nova with thunderstorm, 1pt in warmth 1pt in frozen armor 1 pt in energy shield. A2 prayer merc.

Mephisto is IMPOSSIBLE. I have been running this over and over. I am level 46. My merc is 45 almost 46. MY MERC CANT STAY ALIVE.

I understand that I can't do much damage to mephisto as I am lightning and that's ok, I was planning on relying on my merc. But even with rubies in helm and full lightning resist and minus a bunch to magic damage and minus damage my merc gets 1hit. So do I sometimes.

But I am not one to give up. I searched on this forum and read about someone else having the exact same problem as me. And someone suggested he use plugxy and change his build. So I changed mine. I have tried EVERYTHING. EVERY SPELL COMBINATION.

I can't even COME CLOSE to killing him. MAYBE I could kill him If I did some melee build but I would have to get completely new gear.

So, I would be coming here to compliment the mod, because up to this point it's been great. But cmon. This is the solo edition. And I am pretty sure it's just impossible to get past here with a sorceress. So... that's pretty dumb.

P.S: I posted this in the strategy section rather than suggestions just in the off chance someone knows something I don't.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: I registered here just to complain about mephisto.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:54 am 

Get an act 1 merc, load it up with damage and make sure it's res is sufficient. You could also try an a3 merc depending on what version of the game you're playing.(1.2 or 1.3)

Just teleport around and let the merc+tstorm kill him.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:57 am 

ty angel ill try it. which merc would u recommend?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:59 am 

Depends what you're playing. 1.2, phys a1 all the way. 1.3, probably a pnb merc or a fire merc.

Normal meph has 75% res and 45% lightning sorb which is why you don't do much damage with him. None-the-less it would take a long time but be completely possible to kill him purely through tstorm and tele.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:05 am 

I ran around for a good 10 minutes and checked his bar and it looked like it maybe had moved a tiny bit lol. and when i checked i died haha

ok phys merc it is, will update how this goes

Offline Profile