Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:29 am

Post subject: + % to mf, does it really matter?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:34 am 

So after venturing forth, i find that i like the drops i see. While i have no complaints, i found that after changing some of my gear, the drop ratio has suffered majorly. I wonder why this could be. I had approx 100 mf( i know, whoopty doo) before gear change, and shortly after, i notice the lack of drops. Now i wonder if it was just a good streak i had, or that i may be ina slump, but im half a notion to beef my mf up and test for a few runs to see the outcome. Had anyone done this, and can maybe share their results?

Lifes what you make it, so make it how you want to live it, if your life isnt what you wanted, then maybe you should change it.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: + % to mf, does it really matter?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:49 am 

Hello,

Just to be clear on the subject, the +MF doesnt help to see more drops it helps only to have more rare / unique / set drops instead of basic magic ones.

The number of drops depends only on the number of people in the game.

I've socketed my armor (3) and helm (1) with ss Topaz and I'll do a few runs to see if it changes really something, my prefered area is the one in A3 Hell before reaching Kurast.

I'll post my findings if I have some to share :)

Cheers,

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:25 am 

yep - definetly makes an impact over the long run (several hours of play) in the amount of sets/uniques you will see. I tend to run high MF gear now and then when I am playing solo and just catchin up on WPs or other easy things like that.

Makes little impact on Quest bosses, but I do believe it even makes some impact there. I personally wouldn't recomend it for bosses though.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:02 pm 

Jine wrote:
Hello,

Just to be clear on the subject, the +MF doesnt help to see more drops it helps only to have more rare / unique / set drops instead of basic magic ones.

I've socketed my armor (3) and helm (1) with ss Topaz and I'll do a few runs to see if it changes really something, my prefered area is the one in A3 Hell before reaching Kurast.

I'll post my findings if I have some to share :)

Cheers,

This is i knew, thank you, but from what blue says, i may just get some mf gear for some hell kurast runs, lmk how it goes.

Lifes what you make it, so make it how you want to live it, if your life isnt what you wanted, then maybe you should change it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:15 am 

Jine wrote:

BuLLshIT

dont work

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:43 am 

Hello,

@twistedmoonz

I made some runs of the boss just before Kurast in A3 Hell (the treelike boss with Zarumite minions) and I really saw a difference when I was killing it with around 320% MF items. With low mf it was only dropping 5-6 rare items and with 320 % I was able to see at least one unique item and up to 3 (big luck I guess).
On trash and rare bosses I saw more uniques and rare as well but it's hard to give numbers as I didnt count all that I killed :)
So yeah it really changes something for me, as a summoner necro it's easyer to get MF without gimping myself as well.

@Lord-Turin
I'm not agree with you, you can easyly see the difference when you're doing solo farm and when you're in a game with 7 others players.
On bosses, as I not always have the time to see the drop I cant tell you there's a real difference but on trash there is a big one.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:33 am 

Jine wrote:
Hello,

@twistedmoonz

I made some runs of the boss just before Kurast in A3 Hell (the treelike boss with Zarumite minions) and I really saw a difference when I was killing it with around 320% MF items. With low mf it was only dropping 5-6 rare items and with 320 % I was able to see at least one unique item and up to 3 (big luck I guess).

ahh if 320% did that, then that is pretty good, that wont be hard to achieve, i can just ist a few shadow suprem claws i got laying around, that should do the trick while keeping my high kick dmg. I appriciate it and look forward to noting my finds as well.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:10 pm 

After putting mf gear on, i noticed a change in drops.
I found that, i was finding quite a few more rare items vs normal items.
While it did not help me find what i was looking for, i did find that it helped the cause at least.
So verdict is, mf does infact make quite a bit of difference.
Also, just to note, most people dont know, that merc kills add your mf + anythign they have. also works with goldfind.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:28 am 

twistedmoonz wrote:
After putting mf gear on, i noticed a change in drops.
I found that, i was finding quite a few more rare items vs normal items.
While it did not help me find what i was looking for, i did find that it helped the cause at least.
So verdict is, mf does infact make quite a bit of difference.
Also, just to note, most people dont know, that merc kills add your mf + anythign they have. also works with goldfind.

Oh ok good, i wasn't sure if this applied in HU aswell, ive been trying to KS my merc as late, which can be difficult lol.

also dont forget the passive difficulty bonus's then, 25% for nm 50% for hell (or there abouts)

Edit: is MF capped in HU?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:02 am 

Yep, on the classic Diablo, I knew that the MF of your merc is added as well but I wasnt sure here, my merc got 99% of the kills,

Again on the classic Diablo there wasnt any cap but when you reach around 600% the % above this didnt change so much the effect.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:27 pm 

http://extreme-gamerz.org/diablo2/viewd ... itemguides

an interesting read, im sure most of it applies to HU

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:02 pm 

As another testament to /players # in general getting you better drops, I have an awesome bit back in Diablo II Classic. I was just single player'ing with a zealadin, under /players 8, when I go to fight Treehead Woodfist. When I finish killing him, I realize that the item he dropped was the Gull Dagger, which freaked me out because.... Well, I never expected to find that so early in the game. So, in my personal experiences, /players # does help with the quality of drops, a considerable amount.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:22 pm 

LordTusken wrote:
As another testament to /players # in general getting you better drops, I have an awesome bit back in Diablo II Classic. I was just single player'ing with a zealadin, under /players 8, when I go to fight Treehead Woodfist. When I finish killing him, I realize that the item he dropped was the Gull Dagger, which freaked me out because.... Well, I never expected to find that so early in the game. So, in my personal experiences, /players # does help with the quality of drops, a considerable amount.

lol your right that it does help, but contra to your example, as that was pure co-incidence.

more people increases the likelihood a monster Will drop a item, where as treewood in both HU and vanilla has a set drop class (ie. he will drop something no matter what).

seriously if anyone doubts players 8, clear flayer in single player, then clear it again in players 8... tell me you didn't notice theres 2-3x more items on the floor...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:35 pm 

Its done that way in order to balance items for players.
One person doesn't need 1010101010 kind of items droping.
But a game of 8 people, well they would need a few more items, potions huh?
Hence the higher drop rate.
This doesn't mean your always going to find the good items constantly, it just simply means that by killing the same number of monsters vs a single player game, your chances of finding something worthwhile are heightened

Offline Profile