Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:23 am

Post subject: Fire sorc questions
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:45 am 

One of the friends I'm playing the game with asked me to post:

I started a fire sorc (fireball/meteor type) but am having trouble deciding what to do regarding my stats (all vit? all energy? certain ratio of balance?)
Basically having trouble on deciding wether or not to use energy shield, so I'd like an expert opinion on that and if so, how many into shield/tele, and how to distribute my attributes.

Also having trouble deciding on mercenary type. Definitely wanting to go for an act 3 type. Was thinking fire at first, since it could break immunes, but then I thought, if I encounter an unbreakable immune, it would be pretty useless. The other option would be cold, since their blizzard can be quite powerful.
Taking this into considation: will be running with a poison zon and bone necro (who SHOULD have lower res soon), which choice would be better? Of course, those 2 being present isnt always a given.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Fire sorc questions
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:02 am 

if having your team present isnt always a given i would say you certainly want a melee merc to tank for you to easily keep named trash in your firepatch. if you're dead set on a3, get cold over fire since its aura range is far lower than your skills.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:43 am 

To my knowledge if you want to go ES then you have to max ES and telekenisis for it to be effective and to be able to survive shit, though you'll probably will still get 1 shot by mana burn monsters...
IF you're going ES then I would recommend spending some points in to vit like 50 max and enough to wear gear in str and rest in energy.
IF you're not going ES then dont take anything on energy(or 5-15 points max), enough on str to wear gear and rest in to vit.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:11 pm 

ES doesn't need to be maxed but telekinesis does.

Offline Profile