Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:55 am

Post subject: Prayer on Equip
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:58 pm 

Been reading over the various threads about Prayer stacking, and I have a question or two of my own that I cannot find an answer for in the provided discussions.

Question #1: If a Paladin with points in Prayer has a Prayer Aura on equip item (such as Diamond crafted ring) and is running a different Aura himself, does the Prayer Aura on equip receive any benefit from the points he has spend in Prayer?
- I am aware that Meditation on equip does in fact receive the synergy bonus, just unsure of anything else.

Question #2: If you are running the Prayer Aura yourself and wearing a Meditation Aura item, does the Meditation aura still receive the synergy bonuses?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Prayer on Equip
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:27 pm 

Q #1: No. Your hard points in Prayer will have no effect on a level X Prayer granted by an item.

Q #2: Yes. If you're running Prayer yourself and using an item that gives Meditation on equip, you and your party will gain the benefits of both the heal from Prayer and the heal synergy from Meditation.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:00 pm 

Hmm... Thanks for the quick reply.

So, hypothetically if I had a paladin with points in prayer (say lvl 20) and decided to equip him with two diamond craft rings (say lvl 6 each) and a diamond craft amy (say lvl 3) and then ran a Concentration aura, I would be sitting on the following for heals: 1x lvl 20 Prayer (+life only) and 2x lvl 6 Prayer (+life and regen). But if I then switched my active Aura to Prayer I would now be looking at: 1x lvl 20 Prayer (+life only) 1x lvl 20 Prayer (+life and regen) and 2x lvl 6 prayer (+life and regen). Is this correct?

I am aware that this may not be the best idea for a healer, just trying to get the facts straight so I can theorycraft a bit.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:35 pm 

yes, having med on equip from ammy will benefit from your hard points in prayer and medi will heal.
so medi healing, the 2 rings are healing, and when you switch to prayer, that will be healing as well.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:36 am 

Follow up question to all of this concerning Prayer.

I am aware that if two meditation auras are running that only the higher level meditation will be providing its bonuses (both the extra mana regen and the the +heal) however I am curious as to whether or not the individual running the lower level meditation (via equipment) will still benefit from the personal boost to mana regen (which is larger than the party benefit, at least for its level). I am assuming the answer is no, but I would appreciate if anyone could shed light on the situation for me.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:10 am 

Quote:
looking at: 1x lvl 20 Prayer (+life only) 1x lvl 20 Prayer (+life and regen) and 2x lvl 6 prayer (+life and regen). Is this correct?
Not 2x 6lvl but 1x 12lvl. It's an old bug when same levels of same auras stacks. If you had 2 rings 6lvl prayer and 5prayer then you'd have 6 and 5 :-).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:56 am 

@steel: Nice, I recall that now that you mention it. Thanks for the heads up/reminder.

Offline Profile