Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:28 pm

Post subject: Bone Necro
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:02 am 

Just wondering what are the options for minions, I already have a 3 points in golems blood clay and mast so i suppose that limits things a bit. What are my options?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Bone Necro
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:37 am 

i can think of 3 viable options.

A. Death knights
B. Golems
C. Swords

I went death knight with my necro, this requires maxing skeleton mastery (max death knight after with whatever is left), Atm hes lvl 80 and im regretting it.

IMO the swords are the best option, because they only require points into swords, and you can summon a few without delay.

Golems is pretty self explanatory, 1 base point in each golem, Max golem mastery..gives you 4 tanks.

but yeah i say swords.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:50 am 
Game Server Host

I prefer maxed golem mastery and the rest into iron golem personaly. gives you one very hardy tank and 3 other very strong tanks in, force, clay and blood golem. clay golem is fantastic to cast every 30 secs or so on a boss to slow him. without a decent golem mastery he will usualy die before he hits the boss. blood golem keeps your life full for you and force golem is cracking against high fire damage bosses. you would be able to keep iron golem AND another one up most times, bar when youhave to cast iron again. You would usualy get 3-4 casts of clay/force golem inbetween having to cast iron again.

Ps. since golems take 8x the damage from bosses the thorns on iron golem is massive against them. with amp to help or decrep and clay if you want. Golems are just so much cooler too.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:39 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
... golems take 8x the damage from bosses... thorns on iron golem is massive...
I thought these were no longer true.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:12 pm 
Game Server Host

yeh its still true, its hardcoded. the only thing that was changed was the amount of thorns damage available. its lower than it was (returnsxxx%damage) but multiply the hit by 8, factor in amp, etc and its a hefty hefty chunk of returned damage.

just as an example, I had one last ladder at around lvl 58-59. the iron golem and amp was how the team got past baals minions as we had no boss killers at all. Granted its a slow process if using only iron golem (was a golemancer) but its possible and shouldn't be overlooked, especialy for bosses later on. Compare it to blades that fail to hit 90% of the time as they have no ar (ignores targets def means nothing as they still have 0 ar) need to be spammed on a boss in order to hold them etc and bring no other benefits like returned damage, slows target, steals life, etc. Golems also mean you can cast one then attack with bone spells while the golems cast time is cooling down. If you have to perma spam blades you have no time to use bone spells.

Thats the main reasons I much prefer golems.

Offline Profile