Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:41 am

Post subject: Life Leach/Resists
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:28 pm 

I've realized that there are several leach resistant enemies. Most of the time, it seems as if they're either Leachable, or Not Leachable, not somewhere in between. On top of that, there are also physical resistances.. we'll come back to that-

My question is about how the leach resists work. So if Monster1 has 100% leach resists, there is NO WAY POSSIBLE (besides life tap) to ever leach him, correct? It's not something that can be broken by adding more and more LL?

I think the answer is no, which leaves me thinking that leach is a lowsy thing to depend on in HU; dr/mdr/regen would be the way to go IMO..

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Life Leach/Resists
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:46 pm 

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3082 (you posted there, why make new topic?)
+
http://blue.arimyth.com/BossResists.html

Quote:
So if Monster1 has 100% leach resists, there is NO WAY POSSIBLE (besides life tap) to ever leach him, correct? It's not something that can be broken by adding more and more LL?
There's only leech effectiveness, you leech % of your final phys damage * this amount(and nm/hell penalty). So yes, 0% leech effectiveness means you can't leech. 0*x = 0 ! :D

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Life Leach/Resists
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:40 pm 

Nobody replied in that topic.. besides if the answer was something other than what it is, then there would have been a lot to discuss.
It seemed like an obvious enough concept, I just wanted to make sure my thought was correct. I was reviewing the boss resists charts yesterday, but I am wondering where I could find this "monster stat" file that I have heard about? Maybe then I will have the ability to answer my own questions such as these.

Offline Profile