Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:41 pm

Post subject: Gold Find barb/Horker/Shopper Build
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:31 pm 

So i wanted to make a goldfind/shopper barb and i was wondering what is the optimum gear/ method for this

Since this will be for gold find and shopping i was wondering if there was a cap on the reduce vendor prices mod.

I am not worried about faucets, so i would mostly be running/horking Leoirc on norm/nm ( he drops a lot of gold, and he is easy to farm IMO )

Weapon options - 6x wirts jewel pb x2 VS Glittering sun x2 with wirts or lems/ists and 2x edges on swap

Helm Crafted with 4x lem/wirt's jewels

Armour Lem Ist Lem Ist
Belt Goldwrap
Boots GF boots,
Gloves chance guards
rings - unique gf rings

Charms " Gheeds and gf charms

I was thinking gettin a merc with similar gear, I have to see if a iron wolf ( not cold ) is viable at killing NM Leoric

As for skills, i have no clue, If the iron wolf is able to kill leoric, the barb will only be support and will max BO Shout (over iron skin as to protect merc ) leap (for stun ofc), and find item, rest into masteries.

Is this optimal? or should i go for a barb that kills, a merc for support and urn something else? are the skills terrible, the barb will suck without merc, would the merc need better gear to survive (nm)?

I was also wondering what a wirts jewel would be worth? I dont care about states but i do care about the -2% vendor prices, as 2 6 soc PBs would give ~14 reduce vendor price over the 2x edge. Are there other reduce vendor prices items that i missed?

Thanks

P.S. should i try this on SP or is the mod much easier on SP as advertised?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Gold Find barb/Horker/Shopper Build
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:19 pm 

sup yo

why norm/NM? Might as well do hell inner cloister you'll get just as much money...

Hell Leoric is the shit.. if you build a cry barb or even a throw/frenzy barb with a GG a3 merc (pnb is best IMO since hes immune to other elements sometimes) you can solo him no problem. I double throw with ctc amp on him and work him down, then when hes low switch to dual glittering sun(?) swords with lems/ist whatever and frenzy him down. If you're full gold mode he can give you over 10 mil

I get away with my merc having ali baba, chance guards, goldwrap, and war travs, but rest of his gear is essential to keep him alive. Also having a high lvl hork is important so you'll want as many +skills as possible.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:09 pm 

is inner cloister > NM trist?

do you have a build/skill spread for a viable GF barb?

What other items does the merc use in order to survive?

thanks

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:25 pm 

inner cloister is the wp right after jail with flame spike guy and the summoner dude before cat entrance

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:51 pm 

That is overkill for GF man. Remember your pockets can only hold so much before you have to put it in the inventory, a filled up pair of glittering suns on switch for the final blow is more than enough.

Doing inner cloister just before leo is an quick grab so why not?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:08 am 

NM Leo gives about as much as you will get from hell Inner Cloister approximately based on my experience.

My merc is wearing mithia crown, toothrow, fcr rings with tons of res, maras, and the gold gear i specified above

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:18 pm 

Just wear actual gear, fill your inventory with gheeds+GF charms.

Run dual GF weapons on switch.

All you need is azurewrath as one of your swords, dracs+atmas on ammy/gloves, with a decent amount of gear and hell leo is just a joke.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:04 am 

For pure gold drops just go Leo norm, gold values are the same on all modes. Reason why people do him on hell are rings/amus/facets/gems/runes he drops. If you want quick money then either run norm leo or General Hatestorm - with my dexzon in glory crest(total 700gold find iirc) I get 2mil gold in 30secs - champs there drop 50k gold.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:41 am 

PmP wrote:

dont bother with spending any skill points specific for this build - it is all gear based. With the massive skill boost you can get towards item find, you don't need to spend any points.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:13 pm 

so after testing on SP ( Not sure if it is the same as on the realms )

Hell Leoric >> Hell inner cloister >>>>> NM leoric >>>>>>>>>>>>> Normal Leoric = hell general

Still, on SP i am still not finding as much gold as people claim, with a ton of GF gear, so im betting that the realm is different.

blue_myriddn wrote:
PmP wrote:

dont bother with spending any skill points specific for this build - it is all gear based. With the massive skill boost you can get towards item find, you don't need to spend any points.

Thanks, that would have warranted a remake.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:56 pm 

killed norm leo - 50k gold.
horked norm leo - 282k, 385k gold (2 piles)

killed norm leo - 150k gold
horked norm leo - 67k, 300k gold

killed NM leo - 518k gold
horked NM leo - 741k, 994k gold (2 piles)

using about 1600% gold find. It looks like you definitely get more gold at higher difficulty, Norm is still pretty solid though as it is almost instaneous for a high lvl character to walk in to the portal and collect over 500k gold whereas NM actually took a few minutes to kill him. So your gold per second (GPS) might be higher in Norm, especially if you really loaded up on GF on your and your merc.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:29 pm 

Focus on Hell Leoric, and yes it is possible to do him efficiently. Read Angel's post about azurewrath+draculs. Have glittering suns 'triple isted' on swap.

6/6 facets are just priceless.

Abominae wrote:
@Blue
Hmmm.... Sometimes I believe your logic is on another fucked up plane of existence.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:38 pm 

Norm dies in essentially one hit.

Nm takes about 15-30 seconds, dependent on stone skin.

Hell takes a 45 seconds to 1.5 minutes, depending on stoneskin.

If he's stoneskin, it simply takes longer, you can do it with your eyes closed.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:26 pm 

i use my psn zon takes bout 1 min and gets about 3 mil per run if he drops/horks gold could add a 6 istd pb for hork/kill and probably double/triple my numbers who knows. this is also with almost no gf gear though too

hell ofc

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:37 am 

So, school is out and I have been working on this guy - Gold find barb, horker, and shopper. - This is in hell

He still needs better gear, more ist/lems, charms, and merc gear but it has been going well. - He is stat'ed to be able to swap to endgame gear without sacrifice.

I have been farming hell leo with two characters, one to wear him down, and the barb whose merc is able to deliver the final blow. - I currently use a pz/bone merc, will try fire as i feel that meteor will do wonders. I have found many faucets, unique rings and ammys, charms, and gems. Of course I have also found a ton of gold, some runs being 6 million ( lvl 95 character holds 1.9 million and lower level barb holds ~1.6 ) This equates to two MS gems with current gear on - I do not have any wirts jewels at this time.

I feel that the benefits of hell leo outweigh norm and nm and I would not recommend running normal/nm leo.

I have Azurwrath, need to level up to wear, and searching for dracs.

TLDR: Its going well.

Offline Profile