Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:12 am

Post subject: Killing Mephisto, Solo Edition 1.2
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:24 am 

So I'm playing a Lightning Sorc with a prayer merc in solo edition. I'm level 44, and all has been well. Fricking Mephisto however is absolutely unkillable for me. Not even remotely close.

I'm doing the Energy shield build; I have 600 health, and 1200 mana. All of my resistances are maxed to 75. Buffed with frozen armor and level 3 Bone Shield from a dagger charge I have 3989 armor.

My merc gets one shot instantly of course, and then I spend the rest of the time teleporting around, using lightning for damage (2-1745 dmg) and switching weapon sets to rebuff bone shield whenever it falls off. I have an awesome Thunder runeword staff as the main. I teleport to avoid his teeth, charged bolt and bone spear spells, but when I do get hit, it's just mad damage! The entire mana globe gone generally. I've stocked my inventory and floor with potions and I just can't kill the bastard. He catches me with my mana down and one shots me.

Any thoughts on how to kill him? It's solo edition. I wanted a challenge, but not impossible.

EDIT: Not to mention his &*())&$ing cold/entirely drain all your stamina spell. I have no idea how the hell someone without teleport could even remotely have a chance of killing this guy. He spams that, followed by all his volleys of crap that 1 shot you. If you can't blink away from it, and you can't run, only walk, how does ANY class kill this guy? It's all magic damage, armor doesn't seem to do shit.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Killing Mephisto, Solo Edition 1.2
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:22 am 

Post your gear and stats. For sorceress' this early in the game there isn't a whole lot you can do outside of kite the boss and gear to your best. Also I figure worth mentioning there are lightning immune bosses(required bosses to advance) along the way even in the solo version. From what I know the solo version was thrown together without any real regard to a lot of builds. If you truly intend play the solo version I'd recommend something with magic, physical, or capable of dual element damage.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:00 pm 

Agree with ^^^, solo with a sorce seems hard - I feel that meph is the hardest boss in the game ( on line with what lvl ur are it, second would be baal ).

one way to reduce damage is to get rare helm/armour use sockets, and place diamonds/rubies/saphires in there, this would help merc out as well. All of this stuff is buyable with game gold. farm yellows, sell them, and get some gems.

My best advice would be to play on the realm and do it with a group!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:47 pm 

Hey, thanks for the replies folks.

For those that are lightning immune, I have 1 point in firewall, with +3 to all skills buffing it. It certainly takes longer than lightning but has worked so far. I'll find a stave with + firewall too.

My chest is a rare light plate with 3 flawless diamonds in it. (just hit 44, I should spend the cash and upgrade to 4 sockets and perfects probably). I have a crafted bone helm from amtheyests with 3 flawless diamonds on my head. Merc has a similar set up.

I am trying to kite and that works fine until he uses his cold attack and entirely drains your stamina and prevents it regenerating for a while. That's really rough.

Is a 1.3 single player version in the works? Maybe Soulmancer could address mephisto in there.

The mod is a blast, very challenging and fun, I love it but I've been stuck here quite a while.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:59 pm 

1. come play online, when u get stuck a group can work together and get pass whatever.

2. did you try stamina potions? the make u have infinite stamina for a while in addition to filling it up.

3. since you have been able to craft, craft diamond boots for vigor and frw, this allows you to run circles around meph.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:13 pm 

e shield will get you owned at every boss pretty much and a lot of mobs.

maybe do a diff sorc build?

if not roll some rares/crafts quad socket helm/armor perfect diamonds or highest lvl you can use. find way to max pdr/mdr. half freeze duration, stam pots etc. farm lota juvs like cube full jus drop em on ground.

light sorc are weakest sorc vs bosses imo

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:32 pm 

You can use Plugy - Link - and use respec if you feel that you built your char wrong. To make it work just open plugy.ini and edit DllToLoad=D2mod.dll

Mephisto's attacks are mana leeching, meaning they drain your mana + mana that goes for ES, making it very annoying for solo edit :-).

Offline Profile