Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:14 am

Post subject: Infinity + Dream on a2 merc
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:00 pm 

So does this combo actually break many lightning resists in hell? just got my infinity to go with dream rw and it isn't even breaking a5 stygian lightning resist :(

is there a chart somewhere that shows me resist levels or normal mobs?

also offtopic, does immortal flesh add +12 to prayer on recovery mercs, and does that make it better than wsg belt?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Infinity + Dream on a2 merc
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:37 pm 

1) There are about 17 creatures in Hell with 100 Lightning resist, so either "Dream" or "Infinity" will break them. There are 6 creatures with 105 Lightning resist, so the combination of "Dream" with "Infinity" will break them (neither alone will do). There are about 16 creatures with 110 lightning resist that could be broken if you used a wand with charges of LRes along with "Dream" and "Infinity" (only all 3 together would work, StygianWitch are in this category). There are about 35 creatures that are unbreakably immune. Part of the reason it is hard to break immunities is because monster resistances were not modified with this patch, so they are still set at numbers such as 100, 105, 110, 115, etc, however LRes and Conviction no longer get to those key values of 55 and 80 without a lot of effort or combinations.

2) You can view monster resistances in monstats.txt. Just download a .mpq extraction program to get access to the text files within patch_d2.mpq.

3) There was some debate about whether oSkills were capped at +3 for mercs, and I think people decided that they were not capped (So IFlesh belt would give your merc +14Prayer). It's hard to tell if IFlesh belt would be better than WGranite for your merc without more information, but out of the two belts alone, IFlesh seems better for mercs due to ReplenishLife, +10%Life (this is more EffectiveLife than 5%DR in some cases), and 50%PoisReduced.

<edit>Updated the Prayer bonus to +14 from +8, and let Blue know that his site needs an update</edit>

Last edited by Brevan on Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Infinity + Dream on a2 merc
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:49 pm 

I see, guess i overestimated the effectiveness holy shock and conviction have together. ohwell, guess ill do my homework better next time

thanks brevan

edit: the new IF belt would give +14 to prayer, I don't know how much more healing that would be but it sounds impressive.

Offline Profile