Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:50 am

Post subject: Socking of white "normal" items
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:36 am 

Hi, when i want to sox a white crystal sword and i want to have 6 sox. Does i need one found in nightmare or hell like in vanilla or it works with a crystal sword which is found in norm with a lower ilvl, too? In vanilla only the ones who are found in alp+ gets 6 sox by lazaruks sox quest. And which the cube recepts in this mod, i cant make it 6 sox.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Socking of white "normal" items
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:43 pm 

In HU, the level of the item does not determine the number of sockets it can receive. The number of sockets is capped first in ItemTypes.txt (in general, all socketed items can have as many sockets as their inventory size allows, except ZonBows, which are capped at 5 instead of 6), but then later capped by weapons.txt and armor.txt uniquely for each item.

Among normal-quality 1-handed weapons, only three can have 6 sockets: Military Pick (fastest with -10 Speed), War Axe (longest range with 3), and Crystal Sword (lowest requirements with 32str and 13lvl).

The only way I've seen to get 6 sockets with these items in Normal difficulty is via Larzuk. Since I've never seen monsters drop 6-socket normal items, there should be another limiting factor hidden in their drop-formula.

Offline Profile