Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:33 am

Post subject: Boss Resists page updated
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:20 am 

Trafalgar has volunteered to help out with blue.arimyth.com and has updated both the White Item pages to reflect the latest changes and more recently the Boss Resists page: http://blue.arimyth.com/BossResists.html (found in the strategy section).

In addition to updating all the values to the most recent patch, Trafalgar has added in the Drain Effectiveness values ~ which determines how well you can life/mana leech from a boss.

Having these values at our fingertips is going to be a great resource when discussing things like Physical resistance in Hell.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Boss Resists page updated
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:12 am 

Add that mobs can't GET more than 2 immunities from mods. So if a boss has Fire ench, Cold ench, Light ench and poison ench, with 90% all res, he will get only 2 immunes, I don't remember exact priority but Fire is first for sure, other %res bonuses aren't added if monster gets 2 immunities, only phys is exception due to unique item.
Monsters can have more 2 immunities if they're set to have them in monstats.txt, like spires immune to everything but magic or ghosts in a3 flayer dungeon.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:09 am 

did a quick update to include the Boss unique charms

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:11 pm 

I'm glad to see something is being done, thank you.

Abominae wrote:
@Blue
Hmmm.... Sometimes I believe your logic is on another fucked up plane of existence.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:26 pm 

time to bring my WW barb to hell :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:10 pm 

to be honest I don't get it. why bosses have res with +%from mods? It's confusing, for example, as I said before, monsters can't get more than 2 immunes, so Mithria will never have 106 106 106 f/c/l. Even if shes light ench, uber light ench etc, it won't happen once she has FI/CI on her.
I send pm Trafalgar with a typo I edited, no idea if he got it tho but, I said if monster has 60/60/60 base, then he has fe/ce/le (enchanted) he will have res 135/135/60.
Same is for de seis - did anyone ever saw him immune to 3 ele? I know it must be a bitch work to do, to get all res then 100% spawn mods, but can you post these mods like under boss? or by their names

Last edited by Steel on Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:23 pm 

elemental absorbs don't create immunities.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:26 pm 

?? Someone said something about aborb? :P

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:44 pm 

Steel wrote:
to be honest I don't get it. why bosses have res with +%from mods? It's confusing, for example, as I said before, monsters can't get more than 2 immunes, so Mithria will never have 106 106 106 f/c/l. Even if shes light ench, uber light ench etc, it won't happen once she has FI/CI on her.
I send pm Trafalgar with a typo I edited, no idea if he got it tho but, I said if monster has 60/60/60 base, then he has fe/ce/le (enchanted) he will have res 135/135/60.
Same is for de seis - did anyone ever saw him immune to 3 ele? I know it must be a bitch work to do, to get all res then 100% spawn mods, but can you post these mods like under boss? or by their names

I can add a column for a list of 100% spawn mods if that is what you are asking for. Example would be FE LE CE PE MR SH SS MB as abbreviations for the MOD. So a column in the Talic(Ancient) row would contain [MB LE], indicating Mana Burn and Lightning Enchanted. Thoughts?

I'm still looking for information on the priority for the immunity limit. I have a feeling it is: Physical -> Magic -> Fire -> Lightning -> Cold -> Poison, because that is the order in monstats. But I'll hold off on editing the table until a definitive answer is found. Help in finding the answer is appreciated . :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:30 am 

Rasta wrote:
I'm glad to see something is being done, thank you.

huh?
Nothing is being done - we just posted up this page.
Trafalgar wrote:
I can add a column for a list of 100% spawn mods if that is what you are asking for. Example would be FE LE CE PE MR SH SS MB as abbreviations for the MOD. So a column in the Talic(Ancient) row would contain [MB LE], indicating Mana Burn and Lightning Enchanted. Thoug

I don't think this is a good idea.

The only change I would consider being worthwhile is if a certain boss is always Fire Enchanted - to tweak the table for that. Otherwise, you are just going to be adding a bunch of junk to the table.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:31 am 

Yeah, Sum it up only on these always immune mobs, Adding mana burn, spectral hit and magic res bonuses to council member 5 isn't right, He can be Magic/Poison immune completely ignoring these mods %bonuses.
The Arreat Summit wrote:
-All permitted bonuses have an equal chance of selection, and are applied in displayed order.
-Resist % bonuses are only applied when this does not result in a third immunity or increase one of two or more existing immunities.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:35 am 

sure - go ahead and make the list Steel and we can update it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:59 am 

I did for bosses up to mithria with all mods they always spawn, send it Trafalgar if he's interested with that.
Quote:
sure - go ahead and make the list Steel and we can update it.
List of what? always immunes? isn't that already done?
Keep in mind that on norm bosses with fixed mods don't get extra mod, on nm they get extra 1 and 2 on hell, so summing fire ench with 25%base fire res would be ok for norm list, on hell 40%ele res from magic res mod can be ignored when boss gets psn ench.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:58 pm 

Steel wrote:
Yeah, Sum it up only on these always immune mobs, Adding mana burn, spectral hit and magic res bonuses to council member 5 isn't right, He can be Magic/Poison immune completely ignoring these mods %bonuses.
The Arreat Summit wrote:
-All permitted bonuses have an equal chance of selection, and are applied in displayed order.
-Resist % bonuses are only applied when this does not result in a third immunity or increase one of two or more existing immunities.

So "display order" is the order of Mod1,2,3?
So if Mod1 and Mod2 give the boss 2 immunities and Mod3 would give a third then Mod3 is entirely ignored?
Or if Mod1 gives an immunity and Mod2 would give 2 or more immunities then Mod2 is entirely ignored?
If a mod is ignored does that mean it can be randomly replaced?

I'm still a little confused on Council Member 5.
Council Member 5 is given in superuniques, Mod1 = 25 Mod2 = 8 Mod3 = 27 which is Mana Burn, Magic Resistant, Spectral Hit
Monstats gives resistance of 33/150/45/45/45/45 in hell.
One immunity is taken by Magic.
So Mana Burn is not applied in any difficulty because it would just increase the already existing immunity.
Magic Resistant is applied in all difficulties because it does not create any immunities.
Spectral Hit is only applied in Normal where it does not create any immunities.

I'm completely confused now. :? :lol:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:14 pm 

Not mod, % of mod, other bonuses like slowing attack, fire dmg etc. are still there. So IMO if Mod1 gives 75%res giving 1st immunity, and Mod2 gives 40% res giving 2nd AND 3rd, it will give only 40% to 2nd res(making mob immune) and give nothing to 3rd res . IE
Mob 30/70/70/0 (f/c/l/p)
Fireench, magic res
Final res would be 105(magic res won't bump it over again)/110/70/0

That's why I said to remove stacked res from hell dudes as it's too random, and let's be honest, only immunity matters, once it's broken it's easily pierced. For norm summer res are all good, 25% on bishibosh looks he's easily killed by fire, yet he's always immune, on hell he has flat immune anyway.
Quote:
I'm completely confused now.
Nah, it's all good, other than %res these mods give something nasty(mana burn vs sorcs??? and spectral hit vs melee??). And these aren't skipped, just %res is.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:50 pm 

Thanks for clearing all that up.
Should be corrected now.
I'm sure others will find all this information useful.

Offline Profile