PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:48 pm 

Hows damage compared to meteror sorc?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Immolation arrow
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:58 pm 

Forbidden wrote:
Hows damage compared to meteror sorc?

Can't compare.

I had an immo zon lvl 61 with +3bow helm/ammy/gloves, Kuko bow(+3bow +3immo) 2x +1 zon rings, +2 armour, razortail and infernostrides....she put out just over 7k immo. The fire damage per second was under 2k.

After lvl 45, when she got all her +3 skills gear, she was really strong. By the end of a5 norm she was still going strong, but died to norm baal(HC). The fact that she was so tweaked, and had her skills about maxed( was like 3 skill points shy of maxing all 3 fire skills) was kind of disappointing. I imagine with full Mavs and some +%fire damage gear she could hit 15K or so immo arrow, but it will never compare to meteor.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:06 pm 

does the firepatch last longer? shorter?

If you could stack more, that might be nice. Since the arrows come out a lot faster than meteors due to cast delay, I suspect that you should be able to - but I haven't tinkered with the skill in a LONG time.

The stack is where the meteor mojo is at and it seems that Immo arrow might be able to do that better

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:00 pm 

Unfortunately the immo fire patch is a static 3 seconds. 7 fpa is max attack for the skill, but requires a very hefty amount of ias, 8-9 fpa is more realistic.

A major difference is the amount of counters you will cause. Immo arrow will hit 4 times in what 1 meteor will hit, but that's also 4 times the counters. This is just speaking for boss battle.

Immo vs trash is spectacular. With the pierce for razortail, immo would pierce w/e monster it hit and go to the next. More often than not, you could get 4-5 patches going with one shot into a single big group of monsters.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:29 am 

Seems like a 6 second duration on the flame patch would change this build quite a bit.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:35 pm 

i have a lvl 90 almost 91 imm zon she is doing just under 10k with 2.8k damg per sec.

usin full mavs wich i will get rid of just as soon as i can. Hate the fact i gots get 120 str on my bowa just to use the set. only running 1600 life atm poor res had to use scokets in helm and armor for res jewels and not rubys. if i can get her to 95 will post agin her stats. But i think they do fine clears all no fire immunes ez nuff.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:58 am 

blue_myriddn wrote:
Seems like a 6 second duration on the flame patch would change this build quite a bit.

Sure would. I think a decent approach would be to start Immo at 1 second duration @ lvl 1, increasing .5seconds per 5 lvls. At lvl 20 its at 3seconds again, then have fire arrow add damage like it does now, but also duration. This would encourage a 60 point build instead of maxing immo/exploding and shooting for a 40 point hybrid.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:31 am 

immo zon is not bad i have a 96 that i solo moloch with and she has no shards, heart or brain. kills the hell out of trash also. Build doesn't need adjusted at all as far as i'm concerned. On bosses If you shoot a few arrows, move, and repeat you can avoid most counters, survive fine and deal plenty of damage out. Strategy/multi-shot is a great alternative for the fire immunes.

edit: oops strafe/multi-shot not strategy/multishot, and i should have mentioned decoy/valk heh

Offline Profile