Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:02 am

Post subject: First Character - Suggestions?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:07 am 

Hello all! New to this mod, and I'd like advice on what my first character should be. My goal with this character is to, well, have fun mostly. I'll be playing primarily solo, so I'd like a character build that can do well against the normal trash and maybe some minor bosses, mostly so I can build up some loot.

(I've got a friend who will join me in a few weeks/month, so we'll start partying then. And I understand that Act bosses pretty much require parties; I'm fine with that.)

If it helps, I have a few builds in mind that I'd like to try, and you guys can comment or suggest or rebuke me. lol These are listed in the order of most to least desirable.

Again, much appreciation for any help!

1) Poisonmancer This has been my favorite build in unmodded Diablo. I've had a ton of success with this type of necromancer. With the proper mercenary and gear, I can solo pretty much anything. How gear dependent is a Poison necro in HU? Is it viable for a first character? Or will I be beating my head against the wall as I try to clear Den of Evil?

2) Summoner/any other Necromancer Any necromancer is fun in my eyes, and Summoners have always been a good choice as a starting character in the unmodded game. Are there any notable differences I should be aware of between the standard Summoner and HU Summoner?

3) Paladin I love the flavor of paladins, but in my experience, they are heavily gear dependent. Any thoughts on this class?

4) Poison Zon I've not explored amazons before, but I keep reading that Poison Zons are excellent solo classes.

Any other suggestions or advice?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: First Character - Suggestions?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:14 am 

i made a poison zon now... lvl 52... i can solo the boss before big D... with a not bad gear,.. you can do advance easily... yes... pally... my friend made a hammerdin... I FREAKIN HATE THEM... and he stop... but hybrid healer should alway be good... i start a zeal... lvl 10... i cant see anything for now... a pure zeal...

summoner is good for trash... but versus boss... you wil be destroy... so... you need have atleast each curse at start if you want help your group...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:25 am 

Against trash and minor bosses pretty much all builds can do well. Really, just play the character you like best. If you want something new you may want to try HU only builds such as the (frost)nova sorc or the almighty golemmancer.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:54 pm 

poison is very strong in this patch so it would be a good non-gear dependant first build for you. You will need your buddy to tank though :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:05 pm 

i did the psn necro and psn zon [both 99 now] and zon is way more fun and clears way faster slaughters all bosses samhein hell etc. fire sorc is decent as wel [95 now] l. so depends what you are aiming for, want to farm azmo/belial solo? psn zon easy. more team based maybe psn necro w curses and such.

psn zon all u really need is titans and t stroke both very cheap. roll some rare +3 jav gloves and you are on ur way.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:15 pm 

Hmm.... I might try rolling a Poisonzon then. My Poisonmancer is only level 12 right now (13?), but it's slow going. And I can't kill Blood Raven solo. I got her to 50% once, but then ran out of health pots.

I'll try a 'zon. Never done them. lol

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:58 pm 

psn necros drawback is you have to run up and hit with psn strike, need lots of ar and can eat nasty boss counters while trying to strike. or you just die as everyone else attacks when you tell them not to from random counters.

with a zon you just spam javs/decoy until its dead

Offline Profile