Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:30 pm

Post subject: help me choising !
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:28 pm 

hey... need help to see wich will be the most viable in this char...

by viable i mean... in pvm it be good :)... with boss... what can i do ?... and by equip... good item are made for?

the char are :

- a war cry barb

-spearzon

-frostbite werebear druid

-zeal/healer pally ( is it makeable?)

-summoner necro ( skeleton based )

i got a small idea for each one... but need some help...if with your choice you can put a little idea wich skill up and cara to up... THANKS MUCH

tell me your point here...thanks

my name is jack

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: help me choising !
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:55 pm 

Hm.

1) Warcry Barb - They're a viable build, but don't expect to be the best character around. They do fine in Normal & Nightmare, but expect your damage to drop off significantly when you hit Hell without a constant source of Amplify Damage or Decrepify. They are nice due to the fact that they bring some very high level Battle Orders to the party, which is always appreciated.
It's not the best boss character as physical damage is generally weak at the moment. You also have very short range and you'll likely be in all caster gear, so being in a bosses face as a WC barb is harder than it sounds. It does fine versus trash though, just suffers in Hell when physical resistance shoots up.

2) Spearzon - I haven't had much experience playing or even playing with a Jabber, so I think it's best I leave that to someone who's rolled one this ladder.

3) Frostbite - Frostbite has always been a pretty good build, but like most elemental melee characters they're a total bitch to gear. It's also much harder to be in a bosses face than last patch because defensive gear was nerfed pretty significantly. Trying to scrape up enough DR and Resists without sacrificing pierce, skills, and speed can be very difficult for this build.
My Fclaws Druid clears A3 Hell (where he currently resides) trash very easily, and his gear isn't the best. Without a major gear overhaul, I don't see him being able to safely stay in a bosses face for long though, especially while eating the type of counters 2/3 FPA attack speed will produce. Overall a lot of fun though, and one of the better "melee" type builds at clearing trash thanks to Hurricane or Armageddon.

4) Healer/Zealer - People have made a lot of different Healer hybrids, but as to their effectiveness I'm skeptical. Mainly due to how Prayer scales, which is much greater numbers the higher skill level you obtain. Having to gear for both melee (damage, AR & defensive properties alike) and having enough +skills to have a significant prayer is a difficult line to walk.
It's also good to note that unless you're running double Prayer (IE: Prayer + Meditation Aura at the same time), Prayer isn't very significant healing versus boss fights. Holy Bolt spam is where you have your great healing against bosses, which you obviously wouldn't be able to spam in a melee/healer hybrid.
The biggest problem with relying on double Prayer for significant healing is that there is usually a better aura to run, be it a Resist Aura for a specific boss or Conviction/Fanaticism for your heaviest hitter in the group. From Normal to A5 Hell there wasn't a single boss fight where my Healer ran double Prayer, there was always a more useful aura for my team.

5) Summoner Necromancers are still good, but their trash killing abilities have been murdered. Corpse Explosion was overnerfed (I think by accident, if I recall correctly) and with the removal of A1 Physical Mercs, their options have become more limited.
That doesn't mean Summoners aren't useful though, they're pretty much the only Necromancer build with enough spare points to max both Amplify Damage and Lower Resists, making you useful to pretty much every party you will encounter in the game.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:18 pm 

Don't choose anything that relies on physical damage.

Someone is gonna come here in thsi thread and say 'rasta stop crying about it', but i'm gonna say it anyway to help you.

Roll a poison char.

Abominae wrote:
@Blue
Hmmm.... Sometimes I believe your logic is on another fucked up plane of existence.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:34 am 

dude... if i wanna make achar that i be sure... ill make a poison.... but i will be bored because all freakin people got this... so... NO!...

what about an auradin (holyshock i was think)... vs boss it could be nice... just staying will other tanking.... and get hit... what you think about??

abominae... thanks much,... i read it all... i see that frostbite should be a good value...
and for war cry...i be surprise XD...i though it will be good all time... and vs boss they can be nice...

thanks much for your advise

( i am thinking about a poison java...)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:25 am 

jackblade wrote:
what about an auradin (holyshock i was think)... vs boss it could be nice... just staying will other tanking.... and get hit... what you think about??

Currently with the introduction of Oskill Fire Mastery on a Zod runeword, I believe Holy Fire is the strongest elemental aura zealer. Holy Shock & Holy Fire have always shared similar average damage per attack, so it's only natural that with Oskill Fire Mastery from Armageddon, Holy Fire will be pushed to the top.
Holy Zealers "can" tank, but it requires more effort and potions than melee builds in Normal & Nightmare due to the fact your leech is low. In Hell, leach becomes less of an issue, but by then in order to tank you'd be sacrificing a lot of pierce and +skills for things like DR% and Life to be a viable tank.

I haven't rolled one this patch though, so my advice is based upon playing other elemental melee characters. I do imagine a Holy Fire Zealer would preform quite well in end-game gear though, given the Armageddon runeword supplying almost every stat you'd want for your build.

jackblade wrote:
and for war cry...i be surprise XD...i though it will be good all time... and vs boss they can be nice...

Warcry suffers late-game like a lot of 60 points builds do; their pure skill investment damage hits their peak in Normal/NM. In addition, while other caster builds gain a significant amount of passive pierce in Hell (close to 2-3x the amount they had in NM), Warcry Barbarians do not. They have generally the same amount of pierce (IE: Whatever they can grab from Decrep/Amp) that they had in Normal/Nightmare.

jackblade wrote:

It's a very solid build, and if you've have trouble hitting Hell, I'd bite the bullet and roll a poison build. I myself find them boring, but incredibly effective. Be aware though, while Poison Java is the safest poison build, Rabies & Psnmancer bring much more team wise.
However, if you don't enjoy hitting an enemy & waiting, I wouldn't roll a poison build. But of course, everyone has their definition of what's fun in this mod.

Happy hunting with whatever you choose to roll good man!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:51 am 

jackblade wrote:
dude... if i wanna make achar that i be sure... ill make a poison.... but i will be bored because all freakin people got this... so... NO!...

jackblade wrote:
:-)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:23 am 

For my opinion:

If you want to do huge DMG vs boss mobs choose blizzard sorc, but you will die fast if your party dont have good blockers.

If you dont want to die, choose a baba, but his dmg isnt very good, if u have good equip you can do some dmg vs normal mobs, but vs boss mobs your dmg will suck anyway. Its a blocker char.

And if u want good dmg and have good blockers make a psn ama with decoy and walky. Not a huge dmg like blizzard sorc, but still good. And u dont have so many life like baba but you have good blockers and avoid, and the other passiv skill.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:16 pm 

abominae... thanks much for all your advise... i should surelly make a frostbite... and a holyfire zeal... juste because i like making char that people see rarely... i never see some frostbite or fireclaw XD!... so i will surelly make one...

for you steel... i know... look... not normal ... i hate poison but i want to do a poison java... it just... i be rush by like... many much poison java ... just making one because it look helpfull for help...

le ostyle... i should be interest by a blizz sorc... every time i do baal ... or something... i never a sorc doing something... so... i could try it... but i better start with my other idea... and after i will try :P

thanks you to all :)... very helpfull:)....

holyfire zeal paly/poison java/frostbite/poison java..... char that i will surelly make ;)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:20 pm 

like that... as i watch for what up to a zealer... i see that... a fohing healer... could it be good??... is it good in HU?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:23 pm 

and for poison java.... better boost like..decoy and valk... or i could boost strategy for get a good boost of defence...??

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:03 pm 

1 point in the def skill is enough. you will have enough +skills. and if u play good with decoy and walky you didnt need any def.

Offline Profile