Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:40 pm

Post subject: Golem
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:40 pm 

First thing a loved about this mod was the ability to summon multiple golems, and last season I made a golemancer. Fun stuff. But now I'm going for more offensive builds and was wondering which golem to invest in.

Countless times I've seen everyone saying that Iron golem is the best golem to invest in damage wise, but I was playing around with Blood golems on udietoo and noticed that a fully leveled one can leech over 2k health. That's for me and it, so wouldn't that make it a much better tank/support golem for poison or bonemancer?

Is it just me?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Golem
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:17 am 

you get hurt when it gets hurt though right... thats my biggest beef with BG.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:19 am 

The thing is all the golems are pretty slow and do shit damage. As a hybrid you should be much more interested in their tanking ability. Once you get into NM&Hell pretty much any summons you invest in are going to tank trash and sub bosses with relative ease(especially if you've got life buffs). I don't think there is really a wrong choice when it comes to necro summons, all have their perks.

Against act bosses there are very few summons that will last more than a couple seconds. Act bosses do 8x damage to summons IIRC. On my necromancer I usually just spam clay golem on act bosses for the slow affect. I've seen some of the elemental enchanted golems tank the more elemental based act bosses pretty well(think Diablo and force golem), but I'm pretty sure there were significant life buffs involved.

I think the reason IG is so popular is that it's probably the most well rounded recastable tank. High life, damage, and of course thorns(that unfortunately took a unneeded nerf a couple patches ago). Thorns do well against act bosses because of the increased damage summons take. The shitty thing is thorns is by no means exclusive to only IG, so it was a silly change in my opinion.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:55 am 

Thanks for the advice/opinions.

Offline Profile