Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:23 am

Post subject: wolves?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:07 am 

I have points to get a summon(s) on my druid, i am wondering whats best to max? now that you can have all summons out at the same time is it worth maxing both sets of wolves? or just dires? and can anyone explain to me how the druid summon synergies work? i never got it.. i think dires increase dmg?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: wolves?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:10 am 

skill hidden bonuses at the top of forums will tell you. I had a lvl 50 summon druid. Max oak, because i cannot see this build being anywhere close to viable without it.

The dog cap really hurt. I cannot see myself having any fun with this character. but thats just me.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:24 am 

ah didnt know it was there, i didnt know they were both dmg hmm. suppose id lean towards dires at this point grizz cd too long.
of course oak is maxed.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:27 am 

is it summ dru? or any other build with summon support? I prefer max. dires, as they got shorter cast delay than grizzly. I`ve got 84lvl summ dru so far and he did pretty good till a4 nm (stopped playin him there). Nice summon tanks, high life and a1 nm cold merc for a freezin and gg dmg.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:30 am 

hybrid summons for tanks.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:51 pm 
Game Server Host

Depends how long you need them to survive. Spirits are fine just 1 pointed imo as you can spam them much like 1 point blades. For trash tanking then i'd max dires, ou can cast them less often and leaves you free to go about your business.

grizzly ->damage to dires and spirits
dires -> damage to grizzly
spirits ->ar and def to dires and grizzly.

I don't bother with buffing summons damage unless you need them for damage. IM will destroy grizzly in 1 shot for example.

I dont really use them for tanking, I use them more to split mobs up, Ie. cast one to one side of the screen and another to the other side so I don't get swamped or to draw ranged attacks.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:10 pm 

when you say you dont bother buffing their dmg, does that mean you dont bother putting skills into them? or do you mean like maxing grizz and dires for dmg and maybe running HoW?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:25 pm 
Game Server Host

i keep their damage as low as poss. I would max dires simply for the life. If I was pure summons then I would max them all, run HoW with a might merc + pride or similar and use faith javs. I prefer to keep summons damage to a minimum if I'm the primary damage dealer.

I maxed dires and grizzly a while ago on a druid as support and they all just crumpled in CS from iron maiden and the citadel was just as bad in a5.

Offline Profile